being under my calories

Options
When I'm at my best I workout 2 or 3 times a day. Not as hard as the first WO but exercise still. Because of this my food diary says I still need over a 1,000 calories left for the day and If I'm not hungry I will have a drink for dessert but never enough to cover the 1,000. How off or on am I ? I am yet to see a massive weight loss or even minimal weight loss. Yes, some weight loss but nothing that reflects it will be okay for me to eat those extra calorie lost in my WO. What to do?

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't eat below 1200 NET. Your body needs food and when I was set to 1200 calories I would always eat back all of my exercise calories. Now that I eat 1560 I eat most if not all of my exercise calories.

Not sure what your goals are set for or what you have to lose but the general rule is to not go below 1200 net.

here is a great post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
  • philssis
    philssis Posts: 28
    Options
    If you're working out a lot and spending a lot of calories, your body might think your starving if you don't feed it enough. I've been eating more high nutrient stuff (fruit mainly) and sometimes I'm over on my calories but I lost 4 pounds in a really short period of time. I could tell it just "fell off".

Good luck!
  • ivasexydiva
    Options
    I also wonder about the same thing...:) sometimes i have to eat double what i normally do to eat back exercise calories! It is difficult!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's simple - :smile: :smooched: Your options are either:

- reduce your workouts - more isn't necessarily better OR

- find ways to increase your calorie intake during the day - but good quality calories not empty ones.
  • ramosriley
    Options
    My set daily goal is 1200 and I want to lose 35 pounds.
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    id say eat the 1200 calories and work out as much as you want...........burning more than you eat is how you loose weight.
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    With all that working out you're probably gaining muscle! You won't lose weight but you'll be getting smaller forsure. :)
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For two weeks straight I didn't lose any weight, so I took a risk and added 200 calories to my diet and actually cut my exercise time by 30 minutes. That was about 4 days ago and I've lost 2 pounds since.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    id say eat the 1200 calories and work out as much as you want...........burning more than you eat is how you loose weight.

Make sure you are NETTING 1200 though...burning more then you eat is a given once you plug in your stats for your goal. MFP creates a deficit already so make sure when you work out you eat back your calories! If you eat 1200 workout 500 and don't you are only allowing your body 700 calories to survive and function on.
  • ramosriley
    Options

Make sure you are NETTING 1200 though...burning more then you eat is a given once you plug in your stats for your goal. MFP creates a deficit already so make sure when you work out you eat back your calories! If you eat 1200 workout 500 and don't you are only allowing your body 700 calories to survive and function on.
  • ramosriley
    Options
    ?. If I don't what?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you dont eat your calories back, your body is going to go into starvation mode and hold on to all your calories. Not only will you screw up your metabolism, but you wont loose weight.
  • ramosriley
    Options
    I have 1160 calorie remaining bc of my WO and I'm thinking I wont be able to eat all that up. I'm already up to 1500 today (300 more than my daily intake). What to do? Maybe happy hour?
  • ramosriley
    Options
    Thank You