any vegans in the house?!

Options
just wondering if any of you are vegan. i just joined the site and thought i would introduce myself. maybe we could be friends?

mark one: [ ] yes [ ] no [ ] maybe glad to be here! i'm nikki.

Replies

• neckburg
    neckburg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sorry i posted this in "fitness and exercise". as you can see, i'm new. :/
  • mynameisnotlisa
    mynameisnotlisa Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud vegetarian for two and a half years now! :) I was vegan for 6 months before, but gave it up when I moved to the Netherlands for a few months, as I couldn't read any labels and was barely eating! haha
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm an 'aspiring' vegan; I have been a vegetarian for years but now am ready for that next step. I'm ashamed that I struggle with dairy so much. I'd be glad for any advice!
  • raeanns
    raeanns Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for the last 3 years. For the past week and a half I have been eating vegan. I would love some "friends" who are vegan also! Please add me if you want!

- Rae Ann
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since 1987, and I eat vegan occassionally...sort of the way omnivores have an occassional vegetarian meal. I'm starting to incorporate more vegan meals, simply for the fact that they tend to be more diet friendly. I just bought a fabulous new cookbook by the woman that wrote "Veganomicon". It's called "Apetite for Reduction" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz...I highly recommend it.
  • BeckyTJ
    BeckyTJ Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been a vegan for 12 years now. I've apparently been a vegan long enough to learn how to gain weight on a vegan diet! Now I'm remembering how to lose it too... :)
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am striving to be a Vegan. A Clean Eating Vegan at that. I am struggling though. I am 14 days into this and I am hungry all the time. I also just don't feel well. I feel weird/off.

Any suggestions?
  • BeckyTJ
    BeckyTJ Posts: 3
    Options
    What are you eating? What's a typical day of meals for you on this new diet? That would help me recommend any changes. I find that I feel best if I carry small meals with me all day - whenever I get hungry I can eat. I pack my whole days meals, and eat them whenever I want, in whatever order I want. That way, if I need a pick-me-up, I have it.
  • neckburg
    neckburg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    stick with it! :) i feel the most satiated when i consume protein with each meal (usually in the form of beans for lunch and tofu in some variation for dinner). good luck!
  • SuziScott
    SuziScott Posts: 57
    Options
    I have been a vegan for 4 years and i love eating this way!
  • miele7809
    Options
    Thank you for your welcome! I am a vegetarian who is nearly vegan. I do eat eggs that come from a local farmer who treats her hens like her children. I'd love to be part of a community of "veggies" on MFP. Good luck :)
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that eating whole grains, such as brown rice, seems to keep me full for a while. I also keep snacks around when I do start getting hungry. This sounds a little weird, but if I get hungry in the evening I usually cook up some brocolli or another veggie and snack on it. I love Okra :)