Conquering pushups! One.. pushup at a time..?

Options
oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
Okay so I was doing the hundredpushups.com program which I think is GREAT.. BUT.. I have an AF PT test coming up soon, and I would like to be able to max out my pushups to receive as many points as I can from that category (that would be 47 pushups). So, I decided to start doing three sets of max pushups (until muscle failure). Well.. Tuesday, my three sets were 13, 9, and 3.. poo!

Today, my three sets were 15, 12, and 8. Granted, I rested two minutes in between sets (recommendation from my husband), but still it is a great improvement for two days! I have about two months to reach my goal of 50.. I think I can do it!

Replies

• Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bow to your awesomeness, I have never managed a proper pus-up never seem co-ordinated eneough to get close!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I bow to your awesomeness, I have never managed a proper pus-up never seem co-ordinated eneough to get close!

Haha, thanks! Believe me, before I joined the Air Force I couldn't do one single pushup! And barely one off my knees!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I can't do a single push-up either. I keep trying. Maybe one day it'll happen. Good on you for managing almost 50!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great goal! You can do it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!