Bust lifting (chest Excercises) to do at Home?

Options
Ok SO I realize my boobs will never be as high as they were pre baby and it doesnt make it any better that Ill be LUCKY if I loose even 1 cup size getting down to my goal.

Free weights just arent in my budget right now.

So Does anyone know of any great Chest excercises to do at home?? I dont want my boobs any saggier and dont want to do surgery either!

*Please note they are SAGGY just not as perky as they used to be and it depresses me*

Replies

• superstarcola
    Options
    push ups!!
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    push ups!!

Agreed! It'll also help you tone your arms and build core strength.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    dont know any exercises to really raise em up again- I just think well at least they cover my stretch marks. sometimes you just gotta go for whatever you can get.

I will be checking back to see if anyone has any great ideas though.:wink:
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I second the push ups. You get amazing results. I felt the same way about mine even though they are small. It's as if I had work done they are so much better now. It just may take a while to get the results you want. Dumbell flys are great if you can manage to get some weights eventually.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Oh yeahhhhh!!! LOTS of push-ups and in different positions! Regular, decline, uneven etc. And they will still sag a bit because boobs are all tissue and no muscle...
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    definitely PUSHUPS!!! :happy:
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with push ups! I also have the same problem (both bust and budget) and as a result I made my own weights. Used juice/soda/pop bottles full of sand. These work just as good as the smaller free weights. Try tricep extentions/dips etc. this should help the chest muscles as well as improve your upper arm appearance.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Good to know Im on the right track with the push ups! I havent really done them since marching band in High School but I guess I need to get back up to being able to do 50+ without wanting to cry!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    To increase your ability to do push ups, you could try the 6 week "One Hundred Push up Program" found at http://www.hundredpushups.com/. I am on week 3, it is tough, but my back arms, and chest are definitely stronger. Hoping to get a little lift too (still nursing baby # 6).
  • rivlong
    rivlong Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh that push up program sounds good, will have a look at that, thats.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Push-ups for sure! ...I read once that if you build up your Pectoral muscles that it can "lift" breast up to one inch! I don't know if it's ture or not; I never tried and didn't care at the time, but add 10 years and two babies, I care now!

When our cash was tighter I would check out the dollar store (or the dollar section in Target) 'cause sometimes they would have resistance bands or wrist weights. I would also use soup cans (like campbell's cunky, they're big n heavy, and living in co at the time we usually had a few cans in the pantry). If you find some cheep wrist weights, as you build up strenght (sp?) then you can wear the weights and hold the can of soup! Also, you can save a couple of milk jugs and fell up w water (that's good cause then you can choose how heavy or light to make it).

About 5 yrs ago I tried this whole living better stuff... I had just made it like 3 or 4 months (and was still adjusting to new habits) when all of a sudden one day I just couldn't do the anything, my engery was just zapped right from me! It turned out I was pregnant w my daughter (now 4 1/2 yrs old)!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness This has a few workouts where you don't need anything. ....I can't remember the other places where I found some useful stuff... If I do I'll message you. :)
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    So, are push-ups the only thing?
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options

Thats what I was beginning to wonder! I think its throwing everyone off that Im saying I cant afford free weights.

Wrist weights are a no-no because I am already pre-carpal tunnel, and I am a Dental Assistant which are VERY prone to carpal tunnel, so if you do a job that uses your wrists all day I would avoid those! Thats actually why they were off the market for a couple of years.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options

Thats what I was beginning to wonder! I think its throwing everyone off that Im saying I cant afford free weights.

Wrist weights are a no-no because I am already pre-carpal tunnel, and I am a Dental Assistant which are VERY prone to carpal tunnel, so if you do a job that uses your wrists all day I would avoid those! Thats actually why they were off the market for a couple of years.
    Aslo the soup cans, milk jugs ect are good ideas too, so what excercises can I do with those? I hate buying fitness magazine because well If I can afford those I should beable to afford weights and neither are in my budget!