2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    cup of ice
    cup of Defense Vitamin water
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    From a blog posting I did awhile ago:

My standard recipe for 2 smoothies is:

1/2 c plain non-fat yogurt (you can skip the yogurt and just add more milk if you want)
    1 c "milk" (skim/soy/almond)
    1 small or medium frozen banana **makes it smooth and adds texture and sweetness, but you can skip if you want**
    2 tsp. flax seed
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder**I stick to vanilla b/c it is more versatile and you can always add cocoa if you want chocolate or create the "fruit" by using real fruit or nectar**
    6-8 ice cubes or to desired frozen texture

To customize that you can add any of the following. And while I don’t recommend you use them all at once, the peanut butter/coffee/cocoa combo is one of my favorites. It does pack a punch calorically, but I guarantee you will be full for the morning!
    Berries
    Peanut butter
    Coffee (1/2 c brewed, but decrease your milk by same amount, OR I often just use a tsp. of finely ground coffee, but NOT instant)
    Cocoa powder
    1/4 c pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice (pumpkin Pie smoothie)
    Juice from 2 freshly squeezed limes (tastes like frozen key lime pie)
    I’ll also occasionally use coconut water or nectar instead of milk if I am going for a “tropical” flavored smoothie.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    frozen mango, banana, plain greek yogurt, pineapple juice or milk (if you want to limit the sugar)

SOOO good
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate shakes that FILL my blender (yep, all of that in ONE serving!).

My "daily" favorite is:
    1 box of EAS chocolate shake
    1.5 servings of PB2
    1 T of Hershey's special DARK cocoa powder
    1/2 cup of nonfat milk
    Sweetener to taste
    ice to thicken in the blender

YUMMY. Nutritious. About 220 calories. Filling. Makes a FULL blender for just the one serving. :)

I also keep a wine rack FULL of sugar free espresso syrups (e.g., coconut, chocolate, french vanilla, hazelnut, coffee, almond, white chocolate, and tons of others ...) and I add whatever syrup I want to my shakes. It flavors and sweetens in one move. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for chocolate and coconut, peanut butter and chocolate, strawberry and coconut (I have strawberry protein powder in the cupboard and pina colada flavor too!), etc. It makes it fun to mix it up and have so many choices on hand. A half of a small banana will make it creamier if that's something you prefer. :)

I buy the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control chocolate fudge shakes by the case at Sam's Club. Here's the nutritional info on them:

Nutrition per 11 ounce container (ready to drink/portable!):
    Calories 110
    Total Fat 3 grams
    Sat Fat 0 grams
    Trans Fat 0 grams
    Cholesterol 20 grams
    Sodium 280 mg
    Potassium 540 mg
    Total Carbs 4 grams
    Dietary Fiber 2 grams
    Sugars 0 grams
    Protein 17 grams
    And a pretty good portion of the RDA of vitamins/minerals

Hope that's helpful! :)
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i take 1 cup of milk and a banana maybe sometimes strawberry or kiwis or mix it up up to you, just fruit and milk. i love it
  • tfis4life
    tfis4life Posts: 11
    Options
    MMMM yummy strawberry smoothies.

1c strawberries
    1/4 c mango
    1/4 c orange juice
    1/2 banana (I leave this out because I hate bananas)
    1/2 c crushed ice
    1/2 c plain yogurt
    1 packet stevia natural sweetener
    a splash of vanilla

SOOOO good and no added sugar or artificial sweeteners!
  • waterbabeAD
    Options
    I made this the other night to "use up" my exercise calories. It was delicious and VERY filling... Ground almonds and strawberries go exceptionally well together too:

1 cup fresh papaya
    1 mango
    4 -5 whole forzen starwberries
    1 cup semi skimmed milk
    1/2 cup low fat yogurt
    2 tablespoons ground almonds

I calculated it was about 550 caolories, but you could reduce the almond to one tbs and subsitute the mango with orange - papaya and orange together are really yummy too!
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate whey/casein blend protein powder
    1 TB PB2
    1 TB ground flax seed
    1 banana
    1/2 c water
    Ice

If you like it creamier, add milk instead of water.

Enjoy!
    Jenn
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My favorite:

1 cup 2% milk
    1 cup ice
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    2 tbsp ground flaxseed
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Calories will vary depending on which protein you use, but with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey it ends up being 598 calories with 48g carbs, 44g protein, 29g good fat and 11g fiber. Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour in a large glass and enjoy. Tastes delicious!

I have this smoothie as a post workout breakfast several times a week. Very tasty and very filling.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    2 cups water
    6 ice cubes
    1 whole banana
    2 cups Kale or other leafy vegetable

Sounds gross...

Indeed it does. I've put spinach leaves in my smoothies before with no ill effects to the flavor, but water, banana and kale does not sound appetizing.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My first love:

3/4 cup water
    *1/4 cup 100% white grape juice
    6 cups spinach
    1/2 banana
    1 whole orange (peel trimmed off but white still on)
    3/4" slice of fresh pineapple
    wedge of lime
    *honey to taste
    ice

The * items I skip but this is the recipe as given me by the Vitamix guy. I don't often do this one anymore but it's so good and refreshing!

My typical smoothie is :
    90 grams fresh spinach
    24 grams HRM Rich vanilla protein powder (whey, sweetened with Stevia & low carb)
    210 grams Wawona Frozen fruit blend (mixed tropical fruits sold at Costco-frozen)
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or regular milk if I'm out)
    1 TBS flax seed

I use this one as a post workout smoothie and I'll often remind myself when struggling that I get to look forward to it. Sometimes I'll use frozen strawberries or oranges in place of part or all the fruit.

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch there is a fantastic green smoothie app done by Victoria Boutenko (raw foods advocate) that has tons of recipes and a huge database of fruits & veg so you can create your own recipes. It will calculate the nutritional value for you too. I don't know if it's available for other platforms but you could check.
  • Cusegirl1992
    Options
    bump
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1 cup unsweetened Silk almond milk
    1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
    1/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats (UNcooked)
    1 scoop EAS vanilla 100% whey protein powder
    1 tbsp Hershey's unsweetened dark cocoa powder
    BLEND! (I have a magic bullet and do it in that, but blender works fine). It's 299 calories and so delicious I drink it every morning)!

Another version is:
    1 cup unsweetened Silk almond milk
    1/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats (UNcooked)
    1 scoop EAS vanilla 100% whey protein powder
    1 small pear
    1 tsp ginger
    2 dark chocolate Hersey's kisses

With all these recipes and suggestions, you should be set! Happy Blending!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't know the exact measurements but I put it all together in my magic bullet cup every morning.

0% Greek Yogurt
    Frozen Blueberries
    Frozen Mango
    Banana
    Papaya
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
  • njoytheride
    njoytheride Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I make it, I always make mine with a scoop of vanilla protein powder (its my co. brand--hi protein), some frozen mango chunks, or raspberries, (I don't like strawberries or blueberries), water, small piece of banana and good brand vanilla yogurt--a few big spoonfulls. Sometimes ice. Fills me up when I'm in a rush. I don't use juice, because of too much sugar. If I have plain yogurt, I add no-cal sweetener.

One time I put my cup of coffee in there, along with milk, no banana, lots of ice. Sipped it all morning at work.

When I used to make it for my son, I would throw everything in there, with the protein powder, for extra nurrition for him. He was a big eater when he was little. He'd have a giant glassful with a big breakfast. Never an ounce of fat on him!

You can mix up just about anything, and it will taste great. I like the idea of adding veggies, so you don't taste them. I used to have a "green drink" powder. Didn't like that very much. Eventually used it up.
  • operadiva222
    Options
    Bump-o!
  • ashleelouisee
    ashleelouisee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this is really simple and delicious! (if you like bananas)

1 small frozen banana, or half a big one.
    1 - 1 1/2 cups of skim milk (depending on how thick you want it)
    1 tablespoon of honey
    - blend this all together and top with cinnamon!
    you can also add some berries if you have them handy.

i keep a couple of bananas frozen in my freezer so they are ready when i feel like this yummy smoothie.

i'm not sure how many calories this would be but i guess around 200-250 cal, as it doesn't have many ingredients.