Lemon Risotto & Orange Balsamic Glazed Chicken

Options
Healthyby30
Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
Ok, this is a new recipe for me out of Rachael Ray's newest cookbook...Look and Cook. This cookbook is FANTASTIC! 375 calories for one serving of each item!!!

Lemon Risotto

1 quart reduced sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup reduced sodium vegetable stock (original recipe calls for white wine)
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup arborio rice
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbsp. Butter, cut into small pieces (I used Smart Balance Light Olive Oil)
1/2 cup grated parmesan and romano cheese
2 Tbsp slivered fresh min leaves
A handful of Basil leaves, torn

In a medium saucepan, heat the stock and 2 cups of water over medium-low heat. In a risotto pot or large skillet with a rounded bottom, heat the EVOO over medium to medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic to the risotto pot and saute to soften for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rice and add the zest of the lemon, then heat the rice for 1-2 minutes before adding the vegetable stock (wine) and cooking to evaporate. A few ladles at a time, add the warm stock and stir for a minute each time to develop the starch (this makes it creamy). Keep adding stock each time the pan starts to become dry at the edges. The total cooking time will be 18 minutes or so. When the rice is cooked to al dente, season with salt and pepper, and stir in the butter, lemon juice, cheese and herbs. Garnish with lemon zest and herbs. Serve Immediately.

Makes 6 servings (approx 1/3 cup)

Per Serving
Calories 211, Carbs 31, Fat 7, Protein 8 Fiber 0, Sodium 567

Orange Balsamic Glazed Chicken

2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 tsp poultry seasoning (LOVE Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning)
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
1/3 cup orange marmalade (I used smuckers sugar free)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
8 cups baby arugula

In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high to high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt (I omit this), pepper, and poultry seasoning. Add the chicken to the pan when the oil ripples and brown for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and season with the rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes more.

Stir together the marmalade, vinegar, and stock and pour over the chicken. Let sauce thicken slightly 2-3 minutes, until it reaches a thin glaze consistency. Add the scallions during the last minute of cooking time. Slice the chicken and serve the pieces topped with the arugula.

Makes 8 servings (4 oz each portion)

Per Serving
Calories 164, Carbs 7, Fat 6, Protein 21, Fiber 1, Sodium 228

Replies