minor stress setback

Options
Not really thrilled today. Stress got to me and I broke down and snacked on a chocolate donut. All in all, it is 1 donut, but man today was a tough one and from what I understand, things aren't going to get better here at work.

That being said, I ate it, I am done with it, I am moving on. But most importantly, I have to put it out there, any support and encouragement would be helpful.

I am only back on day 3 from when I lapsed a while back and I only begun this journey in Feb.

Replies

• steph8008
    steph8008 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh man..if none of us fell off the wagon once in a while...we'd be perfect! :0) dont let it get you down. count it as nice treat, but get back to your discaplined schedule. i know what it feels like to be stressed at work and just want to eat, can you try to keep several packs of gum on your desktop or close by? maybe that will help...having said that i need to take my own advice! gained 2lbs instead of losing!!!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i started my journey on valentines day. i have been yoyoing between 14 and 17 pounds lost. it's ok to have that doughnut. just don't have 5. if things get too bad at work try to step away from the situation if you can. take a walk for a few minutes or get a drink of water. try to bring yourself some healthy sweet snack alternatives like strawberries or canned sugar free peaches packed in water or even if you have to a fat free or low fat granola bar. quaker has some that are 90 calories that taste pretty good. take slow steadying deep breaths. i know this sounds off but it works. if you hold your left nostral and inhale through your right nostral and exhale slowly. it will amp up your energy just a tad and if you hold you right nostral and inhale and exhale through the left one it will help you to relax a bit. i learned this from watching yoga on tv.
  • sctaylor74
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up over it. The good thing is admiting what you did and what you intend to do to make it better. Your only human and rewarding youself every now and then is ok. When Im stressed my first instinct is to grab something I shouldnt have...thats a cycle Im trying to break. Good luck in all you do:)