Late Night Eating

Options
I can go all day eating the right foods, but come night all I want to do is snack.
I have tried crocheting, reading a book and seems to keep me from the kitchen.
HELP!

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    drink fluids -- water -- or chew gum
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Go to bed, if you're tired enough. That is what I do. Can't snack if you're asleep LOL. I also drink a big glass of water and if I have to eat something I make it a small under 100 calorie snack. Also, my latest routine has been working out later at night, a little bit before bed time. It gets me nice and exhausted so I sleep better and plus I'm so freshly "worked out" I'm not hungry, just tired, hot and thirsty. So I drink water and head off to bed after I wind down.
  • Simplymeah
    Simplymeah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too... what i did was eat some fruit like grapes and drink water
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Schedule in a late night snack in your diet. Make it part of your plan. I like to have some ice cream at night, so I budget my daily calories so that I can have a small serving at night during my down time. I just choose lighter options (frozen yogurt over ice cream).
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hide the snacks.

Eat fruit instead.

Believe me, I want nothing more than peanut butter filled pretzels every single day when I watch TV. But, I have to pretend they are not upstairs in the cabinet waiting for me.

Stick to nuts and fruit and don't deny yourself treats. Or else you'll get to a late night and lose it. That's why diets don't work. You deny yourself too long and gain all the weight back because your body can't handle it!
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mojo3929
    Mojo3929 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk or make something low cal that takes time to eat. I like to make popcorn on the stove, not the microwave stuff with tons of butter. 1/2c popcorn kernels, 1T oil, 1/4t salt, 1/4t sugar. It takes a while to get through that much popcorn, and it's 28 calories.

I usually try the walk first, then make the popcorn. Lots of water with it, too!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I eat later at night for my supper (evening meal) no way am I going to last from 5 pm till 11 pm:yawn: on nothing and then still have to wait till 7am to eat. AAAaaaaccccckkkkk. :explode: So if possible schedule an afternoon snack, eat an hour or so later then schedule an evening snack. I call them my day snacks and evening snacks. I have some Usana protein-peanut butter nutrition bars- they are yummy healthy and with some tea or water they are filling and (ps they have some chocolate on them) they are a good source of protein before bed- You could also plan a desert for supper and then just wait a couple of hours and indulge. :happy: other choice I can bring my dog over who will sit on the couch with you and I promise if you try to snack he will eat it nearly out of your mouth, it just isnt worth trying to eat in the living room with that hound. (I know- he needs manners-we are going to puppy school):tongue:
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner between 3:30 and 4 most days! Snack around 5 or 6 and water the rest of the night. I keep talking to myself and focusing on how wonderful it feels when you wake up feeling lighter with an empty stomach. Don't get me wrong...the urge to snack is there..especially since my kids and husband snack all night long. I just know I will regret it.
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    send over the dog LOL
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    we eat about the same time as you, so I think I will try to move it back an hour and see if that helps.
    Plus I will drink more water at night.
    I dnt eat junk food at night, I eat good healthy food, just to much of it.
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    Thanks that my help.:happy: :happy:
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    my Hubby would like that:blushing:
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned already but eating late isn't always a bad thing. If you know you're going to be hungry try saving some of your calories for a late night snack. By eating foods high in protein prior to bed you can keep your body in an anabolic state through a large portion of night. You release HGH while sleeping so metabolising protein during sleep is an optimal time for increasing lean mass. Higher lean mass = increased metabolism... keep the fire burning though the night and you wake up leaner than you went to bed.

Try cottage cheese for a late night snack, caseinate protein is another great option.