help getting started again

Options
so i don't want to sound all whiney and pathetic but help!! i was doing well with eating habits and starting to get into a regular exercise routine, but i wasn't losing like i thought i should be...(sometimes i think i Have to Many DIET plans stuck in my head, maybe i don't really know how to eat healthy to lose??) but after a few tragedies in march i have really got lazy and slipped into bad habits. i really want to feel and of course look better for the summer, and graduations and i am going to visit my sister in June...so any advice to kick myself in the rump and get back on track would be greatly appreciated!! thanks for listening/reading! :)

Replies

• MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This is your first step.... want the change. If you want the change you will start living the change :)

You have made the first move- which is the most important. You CAN do this! :)
  • iylon2568
    Options
    I recently started my diet plan back, after gaining 10lbs in a short number of months. What is helping me get back to my health routine was waking up every morning and looking at my body in a full length mirror. This told me, I need to stop looking at the weight and saying "go away", and actually work to make it go away. I've been doing that everyday for the past week. I also set 5 alarms on my cell phone to alert me when to eat: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner, since your supposed to eat 5 small meals a day. I made sure the times are synced from the time I wake up until a few hours before bed. This keeps me on track with meals, without having to constantly think about when I need to eat. Oh, "experts" say you should allow 2-3.5 hours between each meal, keep that in mind if you decided to set alarms. I hope this helps and goodluck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you really want it....That's what I always say to myself. Start off by keeping yourself moving! Changing your diet is also a must. Also watch your calories/portion sizes......and you'll have it in know time!!

Good luck ; )

2639362.png
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    As I have read and been told many times on here, it is not about dieting, it's about making a lifestyle change. Start slow and record everything you eat--if you are over your daily limits, you know you have to make adjustments to what you are eating. It is about what works for you and your body. Maybe start with cutting back a little at each meal--or trying to eat less processed foods. Also, don't kick yourself when you slip and eat what you know you shouldn't...just pick yourself back up, dust yourself off, and get back on track--a slip here and there won't make or break you...it's the not getting back on track quickly that will give you set backs. With exercise, try to break it down into a small blocks during the day, say 10-15 minutes of walking a few times a day. Anything that gets you moving more than you are now will help and you can work up to longer sessions.

Good luck...feel free to friend me if you want.