Losing the will to diet.

Options
I've been on this site for 15 days now and the past couple of days i have been losing the motivation! Help please, it's depressing me! x

Replies

• jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    look in the "success stories" section fo the board, that always makes me feel more motivated :)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    What is it that's causing you to feel that way?
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Try to power through to 30 days. I was in the same boat, but decided to see if 30 days would make it a habit and it worked.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    this is not a diet. The word diet has a beginning and an end. You need to make a lifestyle change. Don't look at "this" as a "diet." You are here to improve your health, the weight loss is just a byproduct of that.
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    stop thinking of this as a diet! It's a lifestyle change. Don't tell yourself anything is off limits and set small realistic goals. Food that may not be as healthy for you should be moderated and always try to reach for something healthier first but if you need an oreo, buy a small snack bag. I take my kids with me so I have to share with them so I don't eat it all myself. ;) Reading the success stories will definitely help! Seeing small results will also. Don't just rely on the scale, measure your waist, hips, thigh, arms, chest... whatever you think you need to improve. Also keep track of your energy, moods, sleep patterns, libido, etc so you can see the improvement in those areas as well as you find ways to be healthier. You're doing great!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    this is not a diet. The word diet has a beginning and an end. You need to make a lifestyle change. Don't look at "this" as a "diet." You are here to improve your health, the weight loss is just a byproduct of that.

Ditto- I dont blame you for losing the will to "diet" but a lifestyle change-

now are your cals set so low that you feel like you are depiving yourself?
    are you How do I say?? working it to hard--so many of us want immediate results and when we start somthing- we often times over do or over acheive and make it impossible to keep up the pace we set for ourselves.

also as one of the previous posters stated give it 30 days and make it YOUR journey-do what it takes to make it fit your body and your lifestyle-
    Good Luck
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Here, here! well said. we have become so disillusioned that we don't realize what we consider a "diet" is actually the way we are intended to eat. Remind yourself of all the reasons why you want to be healthy! I know i would like to have a family some day :)
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I agree with BryanAir -- when we do something for 30 days it becomes a habit and is much easier to sustain. That isn't to say that none of us ever slip and feel less motivated or whatever, but it sure helps. After a few months of this lifestyle change, I am so close to my goal weight I can nearly TASTE it. It's amazing!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Most people fall off the wagon becasue it isn't exciting anymore because they don't see quick results...

It takes a long time to see results, but it WILL happen if ya stick with it!
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    I have been were your at, my scale has not moved in over a month.
    But the ppl here keep me going.
    Try mixing up your food, like eat dinner at breakfast.
    Go for a walk with a friend.
    Dnt give up, you can do this!:smile:
  • Jojoeglin
    Options
    Agree with other posters; if you think of this as a diet, you are mentally preparing for a time when this ends. Looking at it more as adjusting your eating/exercise habits for a healthier lifestyle.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The site only helps you keep track of your activities and connect to those who are inclined to do the same. You’ll have to find the motivation from within to do what is necessary to meet your goals. Good Luck.