How do I weigh more in the morning than night?

Options
I measure 3 times a day: morning after using the bathroom, afternoon, and night. I see a pattern rising and I keep weighing more in the morning. Not by a lot, but this morning I was 130.2 lbs, and now it is 6 pm and I weigh 129.4 lbs. How is this possible? I do drink 2 cups of water before going to bed but I use the bathroom as soon as I wake up/before weighing in.

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    how much time passes between your last meal and the time that you weigh in?
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options
    I weigh in the morning about 2 hours after i wake up, because I always weigh more first thing, funny huh?
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Everyone's bodyweight changes throughout the day. Really, you should probably only weight yourself once a week at most, at the same time of day wearing roughly the same weight of clothes.
  • carolsohn
    carolsohn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    how much time passes between your last meal and the time that you weigh in?

Last meal of the day is never past 7 pm. Only thing I have past 7 is water. I weigh in at 6 30 AM, so about 12 hours.
  • HoboRat
    HoboRat Posts: 13
    Options
    You are way too hung up on the scale. Lots of things can affect weight and these things can change by the hour. Weigh yourself a couple of times a WEEK, at the same time of day for better comparison. There is absolutely no need, or reason, for weighing yourself three times a day. All you are doing is creating anxiety for yourself and that's not good for you either.
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are way too hung up on the scale. Lots of things can affect weight and these things can change by the hour. Weigh yourself a couple of times a WEEK, at the same time of day for better comparison. There is absolutely no need, or reason, for weighing yourself three times a day. All you are doing is creating anxiety for yourself and that's not good for you either.

Yes, I agree too. Probably weighing way too much. I always weigh more at night than in the morning. I try to weigh once a day (first in the morning, butt-naked) and it generally stays accurate that way. I know it's hard, but you drive yourself crazy-- more than you should-- weighing that many times a day. I know it's hard not to "peek", but it's much healthier for your peace of mind.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I measure 3 times a day: morning after using the bathroom, afternoon, and night. I see a pattern rising and I keep weighing more in the morning. Not by a lot, but this morning I was 130.2 lbs, and now it is 6 pm and I weigh 129.4 lbs. How is this possible? I do drink 2 cups of water before going to bed but I use the bathroom as soon as I wake up/before weighing in.

Did your Dr. tell you to do this? You don't need to weigh yourself more than once a week.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Weigh yourself at the same time every day or week. (I don't recommend weighing yourself daily, b/c as it has been mentioned before, you will become too hung up on the scale.) If you are a member of a gym, have them take your body-fat percentage. That's what you should be focusing on. :)
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You already answered your question. You drink water after you weigh yourself. Water is a pound per 16 ounces. It adds up quickly.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    The other thing you could do is take measurements and track how many inches you lose rather than how many lbs. Again only measure once a week but it's a better judge than weight loss as so much can affect than.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Yes, I agree too. Probably weighing way too much. I always weigh more at night than in the morning. I try to weigh once a day (first in the morning, butt-naked) and it generally stays accurate that way. I know it's hard, but you drive yourself crazy-- more than you should-- weighing that many times a day. I know it's hard not to "peek", but it's much healthier for your peace of mind.

I agree. Don't weigh yourself more than once or twice a week. Weighing more often will not give you accurate results, you'll just pick up on normal fluctuations from eating and drinking.
  • Imthatg1rl
    Imthatg1rl Posts: 109
    Options

Did your Dr. tell you to do this? You don't need to weigh yourself more than once a week.
    compulsive weighing is way more than 3 times a day. Even if someone weighs more than once a week it's not a problem unless it interferes with the way your mood is, what you eat, and your life in general.
  • HoboRat
    HoboRat Posts: 13
    Options
    It takes a loss of 3000 calories to drop a pound. Unless you are fasting for multiple days, or doing triathlons every day, you simply are NOT going to have a realistic weight loss where it is worth driving yourself nuts climbing on the scale multiple times a day. Stay on the site. Track your intake and exercise. When you think you've dropped enough calories to make a difference, check it. It's a tool, not the final word on your health.