Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your exercise diary, and it's possible that MFP may be overestimating what you're burning. In the past few days it shouldn't be a problem, since you've been eating under your goal, but people have said that the numbers on here for walking are probably pretty inaccurate (meaning that you're not burning as much as the database suggests). Maybe this is part of the problem, since you walk quite a bit from what I saw in my brief glance.
  • thisistotallysarah
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your exercise diary, and it's possible that MFP may be overestimating what you're burning. In the past few days it shouldn't be a problem, since you've been eating under your goal, but people have said that the numbers on here for walking are probably pretty inaccurate (meaning that you're not burning as much as the database suggests). Maybe this is part of the problem, since you walk quite a bit from what I saw in my brief glance.

Yeah, I have been walking alot-- the thing is I have another app on my phone thats pretty much a pedometer and tracks calories burned so I take it from that app (CardioTracker) but who knows if that is even right haha
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Since you don't have your diary set to track your sodium, it's hard to advise, but too much sodium in your diet will cause you to retain fluid, which shows up on the scale as water weight. Which is better than too much fat - LOL - but the scale doesn't know the difference.
    Maybe try tracking sodium for a month to see how much you are getting and if you go over your allowance regularly, try cutting back the sodium and see it that helps get the scale moving downward. Just a suggestion ok ?? Wishing you well :)
  • ChickenTuna
    ChickenTuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is pretty much in the health range of a pound a week...but also look at the carbs, sugar, & sodium in the foods that you choose to eat.