Homemade Pizza

Options
LoveleeB
LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
I have been craving a big slice of cheesy pizza lately but I have not given into that craving by blowing away my calories with a frozen or delivery pizza.

Does anyone have a good recipe for a low cal/low fat homemade pizza? I usually just eat plain cheese or sometimes cheese with pineapple. Any suggests would be much appreciated!!

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I love thin crust!

Replies

• messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I make tortilla pizzas all the time. I use the whole wheat, low carb ones that are 80 cals each. Add whatever pizza sauce you have & toppings - bake for 12-15 mins at 350. They are amazing - I do not feel like I'm missing out on pizza at all!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    use a plain base, use low fat mozzarella sparingly, thin layer of tomato(passata?) and load up on the veggies and stick some herbs on there too! ;D
  • miss01k
    miss01k Posts: 13
    Options
    I just tried this pizza the other night and loved it! I substituted a low carb tortilla for the pita bread.
    http://www.tunathewonderfish.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=6
  • Blushing_prin_cess
    Options
    Try in the deli section they have flax seed pitas now that are 60 calories. They taste like a regular pita no weird taste to them but they have more of a thickness. I do the tortilla ones also. But i found I liked these a little better. Go with low fat low moisture mozzerella. Yummy.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I never really thought about using tortillas or fajitas wraps. I don't eat seafood so minus the tuna on that one pita bread recipe looks yummy.
  • melissaforster07
    melissaforster07 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - these are great ideas!
  • tobeygirl45
    Options
    bump.... Great ideas Thanks!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Friendly Farms - Mozzarella, 1 cup 320 cals
    Baker's Corner (Aldi's) - All Purpose Flour, 1.5 Cup 600 cals
    Carlini - All-Vegetable Shortening, 0.5 tbl 60 cals
    Aldi Baker's Corner - Granulated Sugar, 0.75 Teaspoon 11 cals
    Aldi-Reggano - Traditional Spaghetti Sauce, 1/2 cup 80 cals

Add a packet of yeast a cup of lukewarm water and 3/4 tsp in non-metal bowl. Let sit 15 minutes until bubbly. Add flour and shortening. Knead until completely incorporated and let sit covered and undisturbed until double in size. Roll out thin and top with sauce and cheese - although you'll probably want more cheese than just 1 cup. :-) Makes a whole 16" round pizza.

Bake @ 350F until cheese is golden. As is - it's about 134 cal/slice.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Those thin 100 calorie sandwich buns that have come on the market in recent years aren't bad as pizza crusts. I top each half with a tbsp of pizza sauce out of a jar and whatever toppings are handy - usually onions, peppers, Canadian bacon or turkey sausage, and shredded mozzarella and provolone. The last time I made some the calories added up to about 240 calories for the two "slices."