Water Intake

Options
I can't seem to ever drink more than 1-2 regular size bottles of water a day, except if I go to the gym then I might drink 2-3 bottles. Can someone please give me some advice on how to drink more water? I know i need to have 8cups of water a day. Thanks guys :smile:

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    For myself water is 95% of what I drink now on most days its all I drink, which makes it much easier to get the amount you need. Obviously for most that's probably not ideal but anytime you're hungry for a snack perhaps try and drink a glass of water first and then go from there.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of my water from herbal teas :)
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I drink water for bout every meal. At work on my lunch, I drink two bottles of water. And then for dinner. If we go out to eat, I usually get water to drink as well.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I try to drink a bottle of water (2 servings of water) with each meal. That's 6 of my 8 for the day. Then I drink at least 32oz at the gym. Good luck!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I drink water all day long and nothing else for the most part. I have to drink it at warm temperature though, because cold water sits too heavily in my stomach and I can only drink small amounts.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Insist on having at least one glass of water with each of your meals. Drink that before you have any other beverages.

if it's the taste that stops you consider getting something like true-lemon, lime or orange packets to add to it.
  • nrm149
    nrm149 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have the same problem you do so what I do to overcome it is have a bottle with every meal (16 oz = 2 cups) that knocks out atleast 6 cups for me (I force myself to finish each bottle). Then I try to make sure I have a bottle between breakfast and lunch (also helps me cut down on snacking).
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Maybe put some Crystal Light in your water. I do that to have some taste to my water, LOL.
  • iylon2568
    Options
    Ok, when i snack and with each meal drink water....that shouldn't be too hard to do. Thanks a bunch!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i carry water bottles with me everywhere & refill whenever it is empty. for a while i would make myself have a minimum my 8 cups of water a day before i let myself have diet soda as a reward (i'm a diet soda addict lol) ♥ you could also try adding the crystal light, green tea, or mio to your water to make it more appealing. :o)
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    There are a lot of flavored powders that come in tubes. After drinking a sip or so of the water, then you can open the tube and put it in the water. It adds a little taste. Just be sure to find one that is low in calories. also, sometimes you can get flavored water in the stores. Again watch the calories. Some say it's cheating, but getting water in some way is better than not getting any.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    refuse to allow yourself to drink anything else for about a week.....that will help you get use to it.....then you may begin craving it:)) Keep a water bottle with you wherever you go.....make sure you drink a cup before every meal.....if you eat six meals a day then that should help you get to 8 cups of water bc 6 will have been taken care of:))
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem you do so what I do to overcome it is have a bottle with every meal (16 oz = 2 cups) that knocks out atleast 6 cups for me (I force myself to finish each bottle). Then I try to make sure I have a bottle between breakfast and lunch (also helps me cut down on snacking).

great idea:)) that is what I did to make sure I got my water in:)) Now water is all I drink:))
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    like some of the previous posters said I drink water first thing after getting up, i also include it with my protein drinks. and with all my meals. i also have a reusable water bottle that i keep filling up all day ( day being a relative term since I'm working night shift right now ). plus drink some water on my trips back and forth to work. good luck to ya hope the advise you get from others is what your looking for.
  • cherylu1963
    cherylu1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! This is my secret and it works! Purchase a 32 oz. bottle water bottle. (example: Rubbermaid) If you like the taste of lemon in your water, buy a bottle of lemon juice. Squirt the lemon juice 3 times in the water bottle then fill with water. If you do this 2 times a day, you have your required 8 oz. glasses. Good Luck!
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Always have some by you....side of the bed....coffee table while watching tv...on ur desk at work. Then you will see it and think to take a sip here and there!
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Well, we were raised on water because mama said... drink water it's free. lol But seriously, I still think that way. I raised my 3 girls to be water drinkers as well. They are 12, 12, 9 and they will pass up pop for water. and yes they are twins. :) really I think you just have to drink it, try a lemon slice in it. or some crystal light in it. That's only 5 calories for like 20 ounce bottle or something like that. I have to have mine super ice cold, and with summer coming up it should be easier for you to drink it. My husband is a coffee, redbull and mt. dew drinker. no water ever. He does do Gatorade in the summer but that is the closest I EVER get him to water. oh! There is a G2 Gatorade that is like 80 calories for the entire large bottle. I think it is 4 servings for 80 calories. That might help some.

Let's see, what else can you do with water... sun tea? that is nice as well. but you will have to add some low calories sweetener if you drink it sweet like I do. I hope my ideas can help you.

Jenn
  • emchen
    emchen Posts: 48
    Options
    When I started my diet I read somewhere on line that taking a big sip of water in between each bite of food you take makes you feel super full and keeps you full for longer.

So I started doing that, and while it was annoying at first, it's been a week and I get super thirsty if I don't drink at least 2 cups of water per meal!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I use to be the same way. I hated water couldn't stand the taste of it. I just got to the point that all I would have in the house. I do drink crystal light when i get sick of the water taste and it seems to help alot. Just always carry a bottle with you. Most bottles are 16.9 oz now so that's 2 servings of water. Try drinking only water with each meal. Also alot of times people will confuse thirst with watter. My dad told me a good tip. Before every meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) drink 1 bottle of water. Not only will you be drinking atleast 6 out of the 8 you need but you more then likely won't eat as much. Hope this helps :)
  • iylon2568
    Options
    My friend did that and said it worked for her too...thanks!!! I'm going to go buy one and then I can refill at the waterfountain at school