Whining

Options
Wahh! I am under my calorie goal EVERY day and have been sticking with this soo strictly. I've been using MFP since late Feb and have only lost 26 lbs (about 32 since mid feb) but I feel like I should have lost more by now.

Blegh. I'm just having kind of a bad week and hope next week will be better. :)

Replies

• mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! Even small steps are steps in the right direction! 26 lbs is still awesome, so congrats on that!!!
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    looks to me like you are right on track. 26 pounds in two months is great!
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    when u have alot of weight to lose its ok if ur under your goal... as long as your not in starvation mode.. im under alot too, just never try to let my net calories get below 1200. Im suppose to eat 1670 a day and then trying to eat back excercise calories too doesnt always happen.

ive lost 24lbs since march 7th.

im not sure how much u r under or what u r talking about cuz u have a closed diary and i cant look so its hard to give u advice.

try to eat healthy high calorie foods like nuts, peanut butter, beans, prunes raisins, etc.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I hope I can lose that much in 2 months. Great job!!!
  • rklein88
    rklein88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree. 26lbs in 2 months is great!! pretty quick, but not so fast as to be unhealthy or dangerous. keep it up, and congrats!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Are you saying you have lost 26 pounds in just short of 2 months? About 13 pounds in a month or a little over 3 pounds a week?? Wow you are doing fantastic......Question, did you put on 13 pounds a month in general or did it take you a little longer? Probably took you longer right, so understand that no matter how much we want it to come off right this min. it is going to take some time to come off. In the meantime, you are doing wonderfully, keep up the good work
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since December, and lost 18 lbs. :smile: Feel fabulous about your loss, it is more than mine and in almost half the time!!!
  • springfling
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Keep eating healthy, avoid things that the body can't use like sodas and sugar and fake additives and see if that helps you. How about your fiber goal? Are you close? I think you are doing great though..... Keep it up!
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    26 pounds since February is amazing! However, I know it can be very frustrating to not achieve what you thought you should have.
    Maybe you can switch up your workout routine.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That's an average of 3lbs a week which is actually possible a little much. You are doing great, try not to be impatient. Also, you don't always have to stay "under" your calorie goal. Eating back each and every exercise calorie can be very beneficial!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    possibly*
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If I counted right, mid-feb was 10 weeks ago. You are averaging over 3 lbs a week (you said 32 pounds since mid-Feb) - which is more than you should even expect to lose. Even if we counted 26 pounds in 10 weeks, that's more than 2 pounds a week. I know that we all always want it to be more. Believe me - I know what you mean - I always expect more too and get dissapointed at the scale -so I'm just trying to add a friendly dose of reality. But it sounds like you are doing really well. Are you doing strength training? If there is one thing I would change if I had to do it all over again, it would be to do weight training from the beginning instead of all cardio - so you don't lose all that muscle and keep that metabolism burning hot as you get smaller and smaller!! Keep it up - you're doing great!!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I wish I had lost 26 lbs in 2 months! That is incredible!