HIIT routine-- I like it

Options
set your hiit time for 40 seconds work 20 seconds rest-- and any number divisable by 3. Sooo Today I did 12

Do 40 seconds of Body Squats with weights 10lbs or more--- rest for 20

40 seconds of kettle bell swings--- rest for 20

40 seconds of burpies-- rest for 20

do it all over again, the person who told me about this said to try to get up to 21 total minutes without stopping
That is 7 sets

also keep track of how many you can do each 40 seconds

It got me sweating like crazy today and sore! Happy HIIT'ing!

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    bump
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This sounds like crossfit. Crossfit kicks your but...but its good work outs.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will try this tonight, should I log as circuit training?
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    yeah Circuit training should be pretty close. I wore my HRM and burned 115cal in 12 minutes.
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what does everyone mean when they type in BUMP? Am I missing something? :embarassed:
  • ohiomom2
    ohiomom2 Posts: 13
    Options
    I will try this tomorrow! Thanks!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I don't want to sound dumb, but what does everyone mean when they type in BUMP? Am I missing something? :embarassed:

It means they're posting so the thread goes to the top of the list or gets "bumped" to the top so they can check back later to read it or so that others will see it.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a tabata timer for my phone to do these, but I haven't done it yet.
  • selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

It means they're posting so the thread goes to the top of the list or gets "bumped" to the top so they can check back later to read it or so that others will see it.

Thank you! I couldn't figure it out!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump