I've Run 100 Miles!!!

Options
Today I ran my 100th mile! It was supposed to be my day off, but I just couldn't wait to reach this goal so I just ran one mile in 11 minutes! I started walk/jogging in Sept 2010 and started running Jan 2011 and logged 100 miles in three months. Not bad for a pear-shaped, 40 year old mom of two who had never really ran for exercise before. I did a test run with one mile in Sept 2010 just to see if I could do it (nearly died) and was afraid to try it again in case I failed. In January I tried again and kept going and built up to running 1.5 or 2 miles (sometimes with speed or hill intervals) most days a week, and 3 miles one day a week. This is something I thought I could never do, enjoy, or keep up. I can't believe my body can do this! I'm in LOVE with running! I'm ADDICTED to running! And I hope to run my first 5K soon! PS. Running isnt the only exercise i do (i do zumba and 30 day shred) but its my favorite!

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Rock on!!!! I am in a similar boat.. and today I ran 7 miles! Had never ever run before last spring... but it's addicting!

Keep up the great work!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! **applause** Seriously that is an amazing accomplishment! Excellent
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Hurrah! :flowerforyou: Happy 100th Mile!

I never thought I'd like jogging, but sure enough Couch to 5K was the gateway drug to exercise for me.
    In fact I did that before I even decided to get serious and join a site like this for logging food!

CONGRATS!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Way to go!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Way to go! There may come a time where you do 100 in a month (but you didn't hear it from me).
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you. I am addicting to running too. OOOH, you will love your first 5k !

:flowerforyou:
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    Way to go! There may come a time where you do 100 in a month (but you didn't hear it from me).

Thanks for all the support! I know I'm more like the tortoise than the hare, but a girl's got to start somewhere! I do believe my next 100 will be ran in a shorter time period. Maybe two months! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!