need some freinds who would like to do 5k and then to reach

amankaushal
amankaushal Posts: 10
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
First about myself,

I started my weight loss program about 7.5 months ago and have lost 51 pounds so far.Last week I started running and currently I can run 2.7 km and I am trying to increase it to 5k. Would like some freinds who have just started or are on their way to reach similar goal and together we can motivate eachother....

Once 5k target is reached, I will like to push it to next level of 10k

(all figures in km...lol)

SW 225
CW 174
GW 150 or 155 not decided yet.

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Good job. I just started the weight loss part, but I've been doing the couch to 10k program (I'm on week 5). I'm running/walking (almost 1/2 & 1/2) about 3 - 3.5 miles (around 5k) 3x per week right now. By the end of week 13, I should be able to run a 10k (in theory... I'm guessing it'll take quite a bit longer than that!). I'm guessing within the next month I'll at least be able to run 5k. I'm also guessing it will be quite a bit easier not lugging around an extra 50 lbs! :laugh:
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    I have never like to run, but I started the couch to 5k program and I love it! the next one is couch to 10k for me =)
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    I'm not a runner at all---I'm looking to start a running program this Sunday (it will be slow at first since I'm a the end of my semester in college and I don't think I'll be able to incorporate it everyday until summer). But I'd like to be in on any thread/group that gets started. I'd like to run a 5K before I turn 22 (in November) at least.

• exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.