former chocolate lovers

Options
Personally, I am a huge chocolate fan, but ever since I have set my weight loss goals, I have been trying to steer away from the urge to eat it.
I was wondering what people turn to for a healthy alternative to their unhealthy cravings?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have never been a fan of chocolate, or sweet food in general, but ever since I cut the simple carbs and salty, salty foods out of my diet, I crave, I mean REALLLLLYYYYYYYY crave, chocolate and other sweets, so I'm bumping this for more feedback!!
  • las5184
    las5184 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i don't deny myself chocolate. i love it! I just eat it more carefully than I use too. I found these 100 calorie packs of real Sarris Chocolate. Its mini pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate. Its perfect at night, after my day, and low in calories but has that great chocolate taste that i love! I don't think I'd ever be able to stick to a diet if I had to deny myself the food that I love. Its just about making better decisions when it comes to those foods.
  • patton1190
    Options
    Try the special K cereals or special K bars. they are good and give you a low calorie fix. they even have salted chocolate pretzel ones that are delicious.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Care for dark chocolate at all? I don't indulge regularly, per say, maybe 2x a week, more at TOM, but it really is worth it for the antioxidants it provides =)

Green&Black's Organic 70% bar is fantastic, only 210cals for a pretty decent 12 square serving, and waaay more satisfying than even a Lindor chocolate, I find.

Or, for a lower cal option, once in awhile I make my own hot chocolate. I just mix 2tbsp pure cocoa powder with a couple of packets of stevia, add boiling water, and a little skim milk, for less than 65cal.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I eat Vitatop deep chocolate muffins....100cals
    Special K Protein meal bars...........Chocolate peanutbutter 180 cals with 10 g protein
    Double chocolate bars............170 cals and 10 g protein
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Those chocolate covered pretzels las5184 mentioned are really good, and only 100 calories. I also eat chocolate pudding a lot. And cinnamon graham crackers seem to help with the cravings for some reason.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In order to curb cravings for sweets you have to cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners completely. I did that back in January and it only took a week for me to beat my sugar addiction. I just made myself wait longer and longer each day for my sweet treat. Knowing that I'd have a treat at some point during the day helped the mental side of the cravings. By the end of the week I was waiting until after dinner to have a piece of chocolate and I found I really didn't want it. Now I can have something sweet but I find that I don't want more than a few bites.
  • Rachele329
    Options
    I have a chocolate ice cream addiction that I'm in the process of kicking so I've found in the past (working on it again) making Jello mousse is a good snack (jello and cool whip mixed together and I pour it into plastic cups to portion my sizes and then they're premade) or I make chocolate pudding. not to horrible in calories and not too bad in fat cals either. Like the other mentioned 100 cal snack packs and cereal bars also.....and I still occasionally have the mini candy bars (all about portion) or even hershey kisses (9 or 10 kisses are about 210 cals but satisfying) I agree that I can't stick to a diet if I can't occasionally have stuff I love! Hope that helps some.
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself either. 3 low cal options that I've found popular with my entire family
    the deep chocolate vitatops are a great alternative at 100 calories each

Kroger (Private Selection) churned style has a terrific Blueberry, Pomegranite Chocolate Chunk light ice cream at 140 calories a serving (disregard my spelling)

Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream bars are just 100 calories each too