i am losing motivation

Options
yep pretty simple , i was doing so well till last week...yesterday i ordered fried fish 3 pieces along with fries and bread i ate the bread and about 15 fries then i started making myself feel sooo horrible i ate one fish and brought the rest to my hubby i cried about it and felt stupid for doing so ..i should be able to eat that then turn it around the next day i just feel i have 20 pounds loss and now i am not going to lose anymore ..i really just want to stuff my face and say screw the calories .before i use to eat 3,000 to 5,000 cal a day and was pretty unhealthy now im at 1440 and often feel hungry and i have ambition to excercise more then i already do everyday and im just at my breaking point!!!!!!

Replies

• jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Setbacks happen and sometimes guilt sets in. No one is perfect. Last year I was training for a half marathon and ended up switching running shoes and running technique one month before. Two weeks to the half marathon, I ended up injuring myself. Two months of training down the drain... I felt so bad. But I stopped thinking about the failure and starting my training program once again. This time around, I'm not changing anything about my running program.

To paraphrase something that a wise pastor once said, "Failure is an incident, or a moment in time. Failure is not a person."

So just jump back into it!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    One day at a time! Are you eating enough protein? Its guaranteed to keep you fuller longer. DONT GIVE UP! You had a bad day, so what? We all do. Get back on track tomorrow. The scale will reward you. You can do it :-)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Maybe 1400 calories is not enough for you, or maybe your not eating the right kind of food to fill you up and keep you satisfied! One bad meal is not the end if the world! You have an amazing accomplishment in the 20 lb loss! Try switching up your food a bit, find other things to eat! What are you eating now?
  • suzannekk
    suzannekk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You know...tomorrow is another day. It IS. If you think of it as a continuation, then doing better tomorrow makes up for yesterday. No one's perfect. Particularly us women. We're so hard on ourselves.

I work at a Dr's office. Once a week, a drug rep brings us lunch. It's never salad and water. Yesterday it was pasta and I wanted some of two different kinds. Instead of going to my office and eating it by myself (in private, no one would ever know, right?) I sat there in the break room, and ate it, then I went in, got online and was honest with me and my food diary. I was over 400+ yesterday. Today I did so much better.

Forgive yourself. You've come so far! Are you getting enough rest? It's proven that when we're tired we make poorer choices.

Are you stuffing some feelings with that food?
  • nacobi
    nacobi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up if you go off track. You just have to start over fresh the next day. I have off days too and it's hard to stay motivated to exercise and keep up with calories. I have been fighting my weight since I had my second son and it has been an up hill battle. I just have to find the will to keep it up. I look at my measurements and that is where my motivation comes from.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    We all lose our motivation once in a while but thats where your wonderful friends come in. since i havent had any internet i know i have been going way over and i have lost most of my motivation too but i always feel like tomorrow could be the day i get it back. you are doing great and remember how far you have come.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds so cliché, but they're right...tomorrow is a brand new day! You said you've lost 20lbs already, that's amazing! It's completely understandable that you feel frustrated. Maybe use this as an opportunity to sit back and really look at the big picture. Where you've been, where you are now, and where you want to go....and what has gotten you this far already. Please don't beat yourself up over it or let it throw you off track. How often are you eating? I was told by a trainer I had that our metabolism starts as soon as we wake in the morning, and shoots off every three hours after that. Its recommended to eat every 2.5-3 hours, even a small snack, just to keep our metabolism running high. Once our bodies become used to being fueled every three hours, we should naturally stop FEELING hungry. Hope this helps!!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE I WILL TELL YOU I READ ALL YOUR POSTS HOURS AGO AND AFTER READING THEM THEN WATCHING SHEDDING FR THE WEDDING I GOT MY BUTT UP AND WORKED OUT ..YOUR RIGHT IT IS ONE DAY AND IN GENERAL I DO PRETTY DARN GOOD ..ITS ALL ABOUT MODERATION AND IF I AM EXCERCISIN A LIL HERE AND THERE ONCE IN A WHILE WILL DO ME GOOD .THANKS I REALLY NEEDED THAT.TOMORROW I AM PRINTING OUT MY GUIDE FROM MYPYRAMID.GOV AND THAT WILL ALSO HELP ..XO TO ALL OF YOU AND CONGRATS ON YOUR EVERYDAY JOURNEY TO HEALTH!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i'm pleased you're feeling better. we can only do these things one day at a time. even then, our day is broken into bits and we all just go through life 1 minute at a time. even so, 1 bad meal does not ruin the rest of your day, and don't let it make you feel guilty. just learn that you felt bad last time you had this, and remember this before you eat it next time. there's room in all of our diets for treats and things- it's ok. but if it makes you feel so guilty it's probably not worth it.
    maybe next time you can plan to have it in your diet, then really enjoy having it knowing that you've already got plans to deal with the consequences.

everything will be ok.