Act Ii - Pop Corn, Butter Lovers

Options
what a crock!! I read the info on it and came up with 160cals a bag just to find out I wasn't the only one to think that, today I scanned the bag with my phone and saw it was 1280 a bag I almost barfed after I saw that, good thing I only ate half a bag, Man I was so bummed after seeing that

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with 160cals ?
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I dont think that's accurate...Even the heavy calorie popcorns (orville redenbachers movie lovers) are 35 calories a cup with 15 cups in a microwave bag, which is 525 calories. The calories are listed higher for the kernels and then when they pop it takes less kernels to fill a cup. kinda confusing, i know. they usually list 2 counts one for the kernels and one for the popped. you need to look at the popped. popcorn is not that heavy in calories, unless you pour real butter over the top.
  • cbsnipes
    cbsnipes Posts: 3
    Options
    The 160 is probably for the single serving bags. Those are the ones I eat.
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    get the light pop weaver. only 210 for a bag.
  • n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    get the light butter pop weaver. only 210 for a bag.
  • mberi66
    mberi66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely have to investigate this further. Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. Mitch
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try single serving bag pop corns - there are usually three or four servings in the larger bags.

I like Smart Pops, which are available in 100 calorie bags, even with the butter flavor.
  • LacieLamp
    LacieLamp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 calorie bags its just enough and soooo good for a snack!
  • rbrobb81
    rbrobb81 Posts: 3
    Options
    It may have been if you don't pop it. If you don't pop it there is alot more calories than when popped. I don't know anybody that would want to eat unpopped popcorn but they do give you the cals for it on the side of the box. That would be my guess because even if you look on here they only have about 150 for the small bag.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with 160cals ?

I searched the food and saw it had 4 cups so I thought, :(
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 calorie bags its just enough and soooo good for a snack!

I do use them thats why Im so mad at myself for buying the bag at the convenient store last week and today, today I just sat there reading it a bit more, I should have known better, too good to be that low...lol
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Microwave popcorn is SOOOO high in trans-fat. I suggest investing in a $25 air popper. Then use Bragg's Amino Acid spray or Parkay spray butter. Its much healthier and it fills you up better than chips. :)
  • Ashlyn123456
    Options
    I'm very confused... why does my BUTTER LOVERS (ACT II) nutritional facts have only 25 calories per cup (popped) and a cup of AIR popped popcorn have 30 calories per cup!!! What kind of sense does that make?
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I buy the Act II Mini Bags Butter Lovers. The entire bag (which is often a great lunch or dinner) has 170 calories, 10% sodium, 2% potassium, 8% carb and 6% iron... so not entirely too bad.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You wanna know what's REALLY funny about Act II Butter Lovers?

It's vegan! Lol.