Caring for your temple...

Options
I was sitting in contemplation this morning and started thinking about my body being my temple and I need to take care of it. This is the "talk" I had with myself this morning and I wanted to share it with all of you in hopes it might help you too.

Be good to yourself today, you deserve it!
Your body is your temple.
The only one you'll get in this lifetime.
Give your body all the vitamins and minerals you need for a strong foundation.
Exercise to keep your structure strong.
Fuel your body with good food so you will be able to keep the lights on.
Worship your creator at the alter, it will keep your windows clean so you can take in the sunshine and to send your light out into the world.
Wear clothing that makes you feel good. Its like decorating your temple with beautiful artwork.
We are caretakers to the temples that our spirits live in. A carpenter,if you will.. Jesus was a carpenter.
Take care of yourself every day. Find beauty in everything you see when you look in the mirror. It's your home where you reside. Take pride in your work.
If all you see is ugly, clean your mirror! You are fearfully and wonderfully made!
Gather the tools you have learned in life and get to work.
Jesus will help you. He has all the tools you will ever need.
He is the Master Carpenter. Be His apprentice.
And...don't forget to rest every week to admire your work... God did!

(This can be applied to any belief system. Please don't be offended if you are not a Christian. I'm not trying to be churchy... :)

This is just my first rough draft. Needs reworking,but it comes from the heart and I hope it inspires you to be good to YOU.

Replies