Help - Up 3 Lbs

Options
I've gained 3lbs over the past week. I have been under, or close to my calorie goal every day. I work out three-four times a week which is all my work schedule will allow (I work 12 on - 12 off). Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• n0pants3ver
    n0pants3ver Posts: 175
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate up to five pounds daily. How is your sodium? It could also just be water weight. I'm sure it'll be down again in the next couple of days.
  • sctaylor74
    Options
    Could be water weight if your doing everything else right. Watch your sodium in take if it doesnt get better in a week or so...try a diuretic.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    Good advice so far, especially regarding drinking lots of water and watching sodium. One question: are you eating any of your exercise calories? If not, your body could be holding onto your fuel because it's afraid you're not going to feed it enough.

Also, if you haven't taken your measurements, take them now. Keep track of them, because the scale is only one way to track progress, and it really doesn't tell you the whole picture.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water - if it is water weight from sodium, this will help to flush it out. Women's weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds depending on TOM. It will probably go back down on its own. You could also try to shake up your routine - if you are not eating your exercise calories back, you may need to. If you are eating them back, you may want to stop and see what happens.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout program are you doing? Are you monitoring your heart rate?
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too & it's so frustrating! I've been working out every day and I'm gaining weight :(
  • diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mostly cardio, I can't do much weight training due to medical condition. I drink at least 64oz a day. I do wear a HRM, just started to a couple weeks ago. Maybe I need to pay more attention to sodium and work out cals. Any more suggestions would be great. These are great so far!