Disappointed=*(

Options
I have been so good and so proud of myself. I don't eat a thing without knowing how many calories I'm eating first. If it's too much calories and just not worth it, I don't eat it! Until today !!! I went to the movies and couldn't resist popcorn, so I ate about 3 cups. And a twizler that I stole from my daughter.Then I went to a friends house and we had sushi. I have such a disappointing feeling in me. I feel fat ! And I was feeling so good! I feel like I blew it . I'm scared to look at the scale in the morning=(

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it in the morning...wait a few days. You had enough salt that you're probably going to retain some water weight, but there's no way you had enough calories to even gain a pound. You would have to eat 3,500 calories and burn absolutely nothing in order to gain even 1 pound. Don't be disappointed in yourself. You treated yourself to a day out with your daughter and your friend. Cherish that. Get back on track with your next meal and drink plenty of water the next few days...and extra weight you are retaining will flush right back out. No worries, friend!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. Think about how far you've come now--I'm sure at one point a day like this wouldn't have phased you at all. Relax, let today go and start tomorrow with a positive attitude.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! everyone has one of those glitch days or times. I don't think popcorn is bad unless it's oozing with butter. There's no fat in the twizzler but there is calories. One I don't think will add pounds on you today. You'll be back on track tomorrow. I just started today here so let's keep on our adventure.
  • neverrgiveup
    Options
    Its just one day, its not a big deal :) I understand that you feel bad.. but think about that before you started this journey you wouldnt feel bad at all, and now you do so you can see you grow and you realize what you are eating. Just make tomorrow a better day. Sometimes we just have to enjoy and cheat once in a while to keep it up. You can do it :)
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    I feel the same way. I'm so scared to weigh myself tomorrow. I just FEEL like I've been eating all the wrong things despite not eating a lot of calories. Such a crappy feeling. Just keep your head up!
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    i can almost never resist movie popcorn myself! Don't be disappointed in yourself, tomorrow will be better!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that yesterday! Ate chips and salsa and couldn't stop. Started over again today and ate healthy a.nd exercised. Please be gentle to yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • loumk
    loumk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't even fret about it! First, we all fall down sometimes! What's important is you get back up and dust yourself off! Don't beat yourself up about it. We tend to focus on our failures verses our accomplishments. I find that if I don't allow myself a treat once in a while that is when I go off the deep end and splurge! Which is not a good thing. Hang in there and let it go! Focus on your accomplishments. It's way more fun!
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    That's life! Move on-tomorrow is another day. Don't be so down on yourself, it will mess with your head! :ohwell:
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Don't let one slide take off the ride! Just get back on it tomorrow. Actually, it does your body good to shake up your food calories every once in while that way it won't get complacent. Give yourself some slack, this is not a race it is a journery to becoming healthy. :flowerforyou:
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing a week ago. I took my girls to see Rio and I had 3 handfuls of popcorn and Junior Mints. I felt disgusted with myself. Its not like I even enjoyed the snacks because I was thinking about how irritated I was with myself while eating it. However, as the other people have stated, tomorrow is a new day, and just cherish the time spent with family and friends..
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's just one day... when was the last time you treated yourself? If you ate like this everyday, then you can worry. Once a week if you eat well all the other days will not make a significant difference. And don't trust the scale. I've been stuck at 132 for two weeks now but I'm strong and healthy. That should be your ultimate goal, too.
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Don't let your past dictate your future. Move on from here. Wait a couple of days before weigh, drink plenty of water, exercise, and enjoy life, your family, and friends.
  • Me4me68
    Me4me68 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you all !!! I will try to keep all of your words and wisdom
    In my head to overpower all the negative thoughts! I'm so glad I joined MFP!!