I don't want to log everything anymore

Options
I'm starting to become bored with logging all the food that I'm eating at every meal/snack break.

What do I do now?

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dont log it....
  • susabu
    susabu Posts: 2
    Options
    It depends on how long you have been doing it, part of the exercise is becoming aware of how things add up. I sometimes keep a mental note or jot stuff down with calorie counts and then just put in a meal or a snack as calories only. Also, the barcode scanner speeds things up too.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway!:huh:
  • hoosiermama100
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm burnt out I just jot down the calorie counts (I know most of them by now) and then do quick add at the end of the day. Or tell myself I can have so many calories per meal or snack and then just stick with that. I get SO burnt out of all the logging and counting so I have to do that sometimes for a break.
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    If you still want to track your calories you can add them as "quick add calories" that was you don't have to search for anything in the food database. MFP will only track calories and not the carbs, fat, etc but it is a lot faster.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Keep going!! You're half way to your goal!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    if you are getting lazy with it just quick add calories everything
  • karlichelle18
    karlichelle18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Barcode Scanner???? What? How? Where??
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    If you have been at it for a while, maybe it is time for a week break from logging. Try to stay within reason for food and continue weighing and see how you do. Or just give yourself a break from the whole thing of monitoring and see if you really rely on the diary.

I know that when I decide or just dont log for a day, or even an evening, I begin to feel like I am forgetting to do something and uneasy about everything that I am eating. I want to be able to log to see if I should maybe make a different choice for an evening snack to even out protein or provide more of a missing vitamin. It just helps me to know that I am in control and I feel a bit lost without it. Maybe you will feel the same way after a day or two of not logging.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I agree......just push thru!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Barcode Scanner???? What? How? Where??

The Droid App comes with a barcode scanner... LOVE it... even if I know what my stuff is its fun to play with it LOL!
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Start bookmarking common foods you eat with the "my meals" section. It would be exhausting to search for every item you eat. I have grouped common meals and even snacks for the my meals section. It makes things enormously easier.

If you know the calories and don't mind not knowing protein, sodium, fiber, etc, just do a "quick add calories".

Logging is always good to do. If you've finely tuned your sense of eating appropriately, you can do without it. If you're in a plateau or not losing a steady amount, you may want to take up logging again.

Also, try carrying a notepad and jot down the items you eat. You don't have to enter everything right away.

A very important aspect of regulating your calories is keeping a food journal. If you're committed to living healthier and getting to your target weight, you may have to accept logging foods as a fact of life.

There is no harm in going without it for a while if you can make it work for you.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If the scale starts to tip up by a few pounds go back to tracking again. If you seem to be doing already without tracking, then there's really no need to track.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i love logging even if i am bad....just do it like the man said..at least you are accountable and you have owned it...whatever it maybe...:)
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Just...do...it. Or you're grounded.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Logging food is one of the oldest tricks in the book for losing weight. You have to just push through sometimes :)
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options

I agree! Plus if you do a quick add you probably won't get all the nutrient values from that food. And if you are anything like me, sodium can be my downfall. So as tiring as it is I would just keep with it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long you've been logging and how good you are as estimating calories, measurements, etc. I logged every day for 5 months before I took a break because counting calories wasn't a stress I needed. After a few weeks I'm back to logging and I'm glad. I found that I haven't been eating quite enough, especially this last week. My weight hasn't changed much since I stopped logging, but I wasn't able to go to the gym much so that's no surprise.

If I were you I'd keep logging for a while. It really helps keep you on track. It's so easy to go over on calories/fat/sodium/sugar and those have huge impacts on your weight loss. It's easy to get off track and end up gaining weight. Keep at it for another couple of months and if you're confident that you'll still be good with your diet and exercise habits you can take a little break. But definitely do your weigh-ins to monitor your weight.
  • Compassion8
    Options
    You can do it! And remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... and no, it isn't a TRAIN :)
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I read your profile and at the end you said "For me this is less about "loosing weight" and it is more about getting back in shape, toning my body and getting back some of the muscle that has turned into not-so-pleasing pudge." So from what I can tell if you're fine with not logging then don't log. It's all about doing what will make YOU happy in order to succeed at the goals you desire. It's not up to us to tell you anything. Only you can decide how far you're willing to go outside of your comfort zone in order to succeed. Just remember that your diet is a major factor in how your body will end up looking in the end. Eating the right combination of foods is what will help you to get that toned body you're seeking. Good luck! ~smile