Options
2»

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway!:huh:
    I agree......just push thru!

Yup. I've logged EVERY calorie that has passed my lips for the past 97 days (since I joined). It takes about 10 minutes of my day to log everything, but such a small price to pay to keep up with my goals.

Find your motivation!!!!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Also, the barcode scanner speeds things up too.

I LOVE that barcode scanner!
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options

Like he said. If you were able to loose the weight on your own with out logging it you wouldn't be on here in the first place. This should be a lifestyle change just not "another diet: ya it can be boring what can't? Just keep on keeping on. Im sure it only takes 10 min of your day if that. Your half way there
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    I agree......just push thru!

I agree as well. Yes it is a chore, but there are many things in life that are a chore that we do because they are good for us or necessary.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    hey, we all do what we have to right?
    i stopped for awhile too... after doing it for a few years.
    i thought I didn't need to, either... but eventually
    I started again... 85(?) days ago today
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking just over a couple of weeks now. When you eat some of the same foods you start to learn how many calories you are eating. I've been trying to stay within my calories. We haven't had pizza in a while and decided to order tonight. I had 2 pieces. I was adding up the pizza on here and found out what the calorie amount was. 3 pieces would have been 1260 something. My calories for the day are 1260. So I guess I still need to keep track. Every once in a while you choose something different and it's interesting to see it right before your eyes. It helps to know for next time too. For me anyway.
    I kind of enjoy entering everything, but I haven't been doing it too long. :)

Also, for me it's not just about keeping within the calories. I like looking at the other categories as well. Watching everything as a whole.
    Even though I've stayed the same weight according to the scale (before finding MFP), it helps me see if I'm doing good internally and not just by the weight on the scale.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I personally like that feeling of pride I get, when I see that I've stayed within range of my calorie allowance or when I've stayed UNDER my sodium limit, or when I EXCEED those all important calcium numbers. I like seeing that I'm keeping my sugars & fats & cholest in check. It makes me feel good to read those numbers at the end of the day and makes all the hard work, worth it!!!!!

KEEPS me motivated and I hope it always will :)
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    This is what my doctor told me......just think of it as your job that you go to each day, clock in, do your best at your job, etc etc........then my idea is think about your "paycheck" which will be perhaps losing a pound in a week and that's worth a million!
  • 57gemini
    57gemini Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dont' give up! I've been logging in my food since Jan. I also keep a journal with same. I try to use both everyday; it becomes a habit. There are days that I don't log in cause I don't have time and that's usually the weekend.
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am soo with you! I was just thinking this tonight. Thinking about giving myself less variety like a frozen meal for dinner every night, salad for lunch and cereal for breakfast..that way without logging I still know I'm under my calorie goal
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon and have to eat a ton of carbs (which people seem to look down on) so I stopped logging all my meals. I keep track, but I don't put it on here for now. Plus, everyday is about the same for me anyway. I do still log all my runs though. Try taking a break for awhile and see what the scale does....
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    logging takes like 5 total minutes of your day.
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    logging takes like 5 total minutes of your day.

Not if you're very type A and need everything to be EXACTLY accurate ...I speak from my own OCD experience :wink:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It make seem tedious. But it's so important to log. A nibble here and a nibble there the calories can add up..Plus it will hold you accountable and it's so worth it in the end :)