Eating every 2 or 3 Hours, need 100-200 calorie EASY snack/m

Options
I am up at 4am every day and I am at work by about 530am. I work sitting for 12 hours and until now have just eating whatever
I felt like eating. Now I am trying this out. I eat a decent breakfast usually oatmeal or egg and toast or yogurt and granola. Then evry two hours (or 3 if I am busy) I eat something like an apple, or a babybell cheese, a yogurt, a slice of bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter. For lunch I am not starving cause I have been eating and I will have some tuna with a green salad, or a protein like sliced turkey and a small sweet potatoe, or shrimp with a salad or veggies, or a cup of brown rice. I feel full and I am comfortable with this plan...I am just running out of ideas for small 100 to 200 calorie meals. I am afraid if I get bored I will just eat something that is not healthy. I like veggies but other than a salad or boiled i have no new ideas for yummy snacks that will satisfy. I prefer no major cooking and easy to pack for a lunch. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
I am allowed 1500 calories a day.

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    hummus and veggies or crackers :smile:
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin (130 cals) + Light fat free cheese single (30 cals) + slice of turkey breast (20 cals) = 180 cals, usually does the trick for me.....
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have started doing this too supper low cal snacks all day long and have found way less hungry
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Kind of hard to read because I had to copy it off a chart. These are 100 calorie choices.

Food Group Fruit · 1 cup fresh cherries · 1 medium apple · 1 medium pear · ¼ cup seedless, raisins · 1 ½ cup fresh raspberries · 1 medium banana · 1 cup sliced mango · 1 cup seedless grapes · ¼ cup dried cranberries · ¼ cup dried unsweetened peaches · 1 cup unsweetened applesauce· 5 pitted dates · 2 cups diced watermelon · ¼ cup dried apricots· 3 plums· 1 medium pink grapefruit · 1 cup sliced kiwi · 1 ½ cup blackberries · 1 cup pineapple chunks with 2 tablespoons whipping topping · 1 cup fresh strawberries halved, ½ cup blueberries, with 2 tablespoons of light whipped topping
    Vegetable · 2 cups baby carrots · Fresh veggie mix o 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup cauliflower, with 2 tablespoons low-fat ranch dressing· 2 cups raw spinach, ¾ cup sliced cucumber, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, ½ cup chopped carrots, and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    Dairy · 1 Yoplait Light Smoothie · ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt · 1 cup 1% milk· 1 cup SILK soymilk
    Grain · 5 slices Melba toast · 1 cup cheerios, dry · 3 cups plain air-popped popcorn · ½ cup plain shredded wheat cereal, dry · ½ cup cooked brown, long-grained rice · 2/3 cup Cream of Wheat prepared with water · 1 slice whole-wheat toast with 2 teaspoons of strawberry preserves
    Nuts & Seeds · 2 tablespoons sesame seeds · 3 Brazil nuts · 26 pistachios · ¾ ounce trail mix
    Meat & Meat Substitute · ¾ cup raw edamame · 1 ½ ounces low-fat mozzarella cheese· Deviled egg o Cut 1 hard-boiled egg in half, mix the yolk with 1 tablespoon of hummus, and fill the egg
    Combination Grain & Vegetable· Couscous with celery sticks o ½ cup cooked couscous with 2 medium celery stalksFruit & Dairy· Peaches and yogurto 1 medium peach with ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt· Blueberries and yogurto ½ cup blueberries with ¼ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt· Honeydew and non-fat yogurto 1 cup diced honeydew melon with ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurtMeat/Meat Substitute & Dairy· Scrambled egg and cheeseo 1 large egg scrambled with 1 tablespoon skim milk and 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese Grain & Fruit· ½ cup dry bran cereal with ½ cup fresh blueberries Grain & Dairy· Granola and non-fat yogurto 1 tablespoon low-fat granola with ½ cup plain non-fat yogurtGrain & Meat/Meat Substitute· Whole grain bread with fat-free turkeyo 1 slice whole grain bread with 1 oz fat-free turkey breast· Whole-wheat pita and hummuso 1 whole-wheat pita (4-inch diameter) with 1 tablespoon hummus spread on top· Rice cake and natural peanut buttero 1 plain rice cake with 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter spread on top · Salmon and Ritz crackerso 1 oz cooked salmon with 3 Ritz crackers · Whole-wheat spaghetti and parmesan cheeseo ½ cup cooked whole-wheat spaghetti with 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese· Graham cracker and natural peanut buttero 1 whole graham cracker rectangle with 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter · Whole-wheat English muffin, tomato, and cheeseo ½ whole-wheat English muffin, 1 slice of medium tomato, and 2 tablespoons of shredded non-fat mozzarella cheese – 91· Mini bagel and Laughing Cow cheeseo 1 triangle Laughing Cow Swiss cheese on top 1 mini bagel (4-inch in diameter) Fruit & Meat/Meat Substitute· Cottage cheese and strawberries o ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with 5 medium strawberries· Apple and natural peanut buttero 1 small apple with 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter · Cantaloupe and cottage cheeseo 1 cup cubed cantaloupe with ¼ cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese · Cottage cheese and oliveso ½ cup cottage cheese and 4 large olives Fruit & Vegetable· Guacamole o ¼ cup pureed avocado, 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp lime juiceVegetable & Meat/Meat Substitute· Mozzarella cheese and tomato o 1 medium tomato sliced, with 1 oz low-fat mozzarella cheese· Cottage cheese and Tomatoo ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with ½ medium tomato sliced· Celery sticks with natural peanut buttero 5, 4-inch celery sticks, with 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter· Grilled Portobello mushrooms with cheese o 1 cup, raw Portobello mushrooms, with 1 ounce low-fat grated mozzarella cheese· Eggplant and mozzarella cheeseo 1 cup sliced eggplant with 1 oz low-fat mozzarella cheese melted on top · Endive and tuna salad o 1 endive leaf with ¾ ounce tuna mixed with 1 teaspoon hummus· Broccoli and cheeseo 1 cup chopped broccoli with a 1 cubic inch square of cheddar cheese melted on top· Cherry tomatoes and cheddar cheeseo 8 cherry tomatoes with 1 cubic inch of cheddar cheese · Red bell pepper and hummuso ½ cup sliced red bell pepper with 3 tablespoon hummus · Tomato, basil, and hummuso 6 fresh basil leaves, 1 medium tomato slice, with 3 tablespoons hummus · Hummus and avocado dip with celery stalks o 2 tablespoons hummus, 2 tablespoons avocado, with 3 large celery stalksNuts/Seeds & Vegetable· Almonds and celeryo 10 almonds and 3 large celery stalks
  • mccaugkm
    mccaugkm Posts: 29
    Options
    Small portion of almonds?

Ok, that's my 2 cents as really I just had to drop in and say that I want to use your plan. I'm remembering the days in college when I'd go to the salad bar and make a spinach salad with tuna on top, and then use the oil and vinegar to make a simple dressing, topped with a few sunflower seeds. *drool*
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    I didn't see you say anything about nuts! Costco has snack size packs that are 340 cals (i know but they're great for when I really need to get more calories) that don't have any sodium. It's the wholesome fruit and nut mix. They also have fabulous dried sliced fruit with no sodium and no fat for about 30-40 cals. My husband likes the pre bagged mini carrots that are 30 cals each. I keep meaning to try just eating half an avocado for a snack to get my potassium. When the sweet tooth attacks you can try a 90 cal fiber one brownie, or stick a yogurt in the freezer for an hour (it will change the WHOLE yogurt experience for you!)

I hope that helps!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I too have been trying to eat small meals throughout the day. I usually have some raw macadamia nuts and a banana for breakfast, then I workout, then after I workout I eat a baked chicken breast (for the protein) with only pepper on it, and when I go to work (since I work nights) I make sure to take a few options with me.

I usually pack my lunches/dinners so that I don't eat unhealthy at work (it is SO easy to do!!) and my meals consist of low-cal, mostly unprocessed foods. I usually make big bowls of chopped veggies and I have found that I am starting to crave the veggies without any dressing or sauce. I usually chop up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, and bell pepper then mix with spinach and romaine leaves. Sometimes I add a little bit of canned corn (no salt added) and some jarred peppercini's for some acidity. I used to put dressings on it but now I have been eating them as is. Sometimes I add some tabasco just to give it some spice without any extra calories and only a few mg's of sodium. I like spicy food!

I also make a spinach salad with tomatoes, onion, chicken breast, and just some balsamic vinegar on top with some ground pepper. It tastes surprisingly good to me and only has about 200 calories (chicken is the highest calorie item and it depends on how much you use.)

Sometimes I take chicken and mix it with grapes, onions, and celery to make a "chicken salad mix" but I don't use mayo. I eat that as is or on top of spinach and tomatoes.

There is bumblebee thai chili tuna that is pretty tasty as well. You can find it in a 5oz jar for around 300 calories (probably less) and also a pack with a smaller can and some crackers that is about 250 calories. It is really tasty! If you don't like spicy food they also have a sundried tomato tuna and a lemon pepper, both available in the package with crackers for a small, quick meal.

At the very least I take some kind of nut, a granola bar, or some apples or clementines just to have something to snack on instead of eating a big meal. A cup of light vanilla silk soy milk is only 70 calories and fills me up when I am still hungry.

Hope this helps! I want to know some more options so that I can add more variety myself. :)
  • starboardzor
    Options
    A daily snack of mine is 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese (90 calories) with red grapes. I eat this everyday and the combination is SO delicious. So that's 90 cals plus whatever amount of grapes you use. Very filling! Also one serving of raw, unsalted almonds is 160 calories easy and incredibly good for you.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oscar Mayer makes 98% fat free hot dogs...if you like hot dogs, they are like 45 calories. You can eat one with a bun and ketchup and still be under 200! I also like Wheat Thins flatbread crackers (they are big and 3 for 60 calories) with a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese (35 calories).

Hope that helps! :-)
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    string cheese (bw 80-100 cal)
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    string cheese is 70 cals:)
    almonds :)
    special k wheat crackers
    sometimes ill just eat 1 cup of dry cereal whole grain cheerios 110 calories
    cut up cucumber and lemon..it kind of sounds gross but its sooooo goood!!
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Lara Bars? They are all natural, fruit and nut energy bars. Very easy to keep them around for when you are on the go or find yourself w/o prepared food. Surprisingly filling, very yummy and clean tasting.
    Even though they are small, I often only eat 1/2 at a time for snacking (about 110 cal. for 1/2 a bar)...my trick is to chew very very thoroughly...that draws it out and lets me realize I don't need more. Good job on changing your habits!!!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Small portion of almonds?

Ok, that's my 2 cents as really I just had to drop in and say that I want to use your plan. I'm remembering the days in college when I'd go to the salad bar and make a spinach salad with tuna on top, and then use the oil and vinegar to make a simple dressing, topped with a few sunflower seeds. *drool*

I do the same thing! Sometimes I use baked chicken breast instead but just some spinach, tomatoes, tuna or chicken, and sometimes not even oil just some balsamic vinegar. It actually tastes REALLY good to me and has barely any calories!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started eating small snacks, and it has helped so much, I'm almost never really hungry anymore, so I can make good choices about what I eat.

Some snacks I like: skinny cow light swiss cheese wedges with cucumber, apples, or crackers; cocoa roast almonds (come in 100 cal snack packs too); orange; veggies and hummus; fiber one granola bars
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    2 fiber one bars. get that fiber. or a couple handfuls of sunflower kernels. good snacks, high fiber.
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas. I am going to write them down in a note pad for when I go to the store. I like the no cook ones and the ones that are a combination of fruit/cheese. I am not a big fan of nuts yet...I just feel like I could get a lot more out of a lower fat snack. I cannot believe that I like prunes...whoa, is this a sign of aging? anyways...I appreciate everyone who takes the time to post some thing..sometimes you hit the boring wall, and can't think outside of the same things youv'e been eating.

Thanks...now off to work...