HELP! I'm new!

Options
My name is Hillary, I recently turned 19 and my weight has been increasing year after year and I don't feel as if I've gotten bigger but just in my first year of college I've gained 60lbs!!! I feel ridiculous! I need motivation, friends, and help with nutrition. All the food is terrible here, and I have a BUSY schedule! I just want to wake up and feel sexy and 19... :( I'm looking forward to becoming an active member!! :)

Replies

• Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) If you need motivation and support you've come to the right place :P
  • Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I will be here if you need modivation what work outs are you doing ?
  • doglady3
    doglady3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to this site too, and whilst I am much older than you, I look forward to exchanging ideas and encouraging each other :D
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm a Hilary, too! Feel free to add me for some support. Dining hall food sucks, but do a little bit of research (20 minutes or so) to see some good options for you or make a trip to get some easy-to-grab foods to bring with you to class (I pack snack bags of almonds and bags of carrot sticks that I can grab on my way to work or when I'm running errands). Good luck!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This site has been great motivation for me, and has great supportive members with tons of ideas for healthy living. Good luck with everything, and I'll add you as a friend :)
  • hillaryhellesto
    Options
    I'm currently counting my fast paced walks on campus to and from classes as a workout.. also I used to do yoga, and I hope to be able to run soon. I am a TERRIBLE runner... I really enjoy soccer though so being able to be fit enough to compete in inter-mural soccer is one of my big goals! Basically I just want to come back next school year a lot thinner, fit, and addicted to working out. I ENVY the girls that spend 3+ hours at our super nice gym on campus..
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    This is a great place for help and motivation....add me if you like :)
  • alohatoni
    Options
    You will do great with My Fitness Pal! Just look how many people are doing well and losing with this program. Another tool that is helping me is Hungry Girl's 200 under 200 Calorie cookbook. So many great and easy recipes to choose from. I just ordered the new 300 under 300 - can't wait to add to my list of favorites!
    Good luck with your weight loss - you have my support!