Getting Clothes Altered

Options
OBXGal
OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
Hey all! I wasn't sure exactly where this should go..,

So, as many of you have experienced I'm sure, my clothes don't fit anymore! (Yay!) I'm thinking of taking some of my favs and having them altered to fit me now as I still have about 15 more lbs to go and I don't want to buy new clothing just yet.

Has anyone had jeans taken in? I've had just about everything else altered other than jeans and wonder if they will actually fit correctly.

Thanks!

Replies

• Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    I had a pair of jeans altered once a few years ago they were my favorite pair and I couldn't stand to let them go but when I got them back I noticed that the knees never sat right on my legs... when you buy a pair of jeans they eventually mold to the wear patterns of your body and when your body changes you create new points of wear and tear so trying to adjust the jeans with a set wear in them already just didn't feel right on me and I ended up hating what was my favorite pair of jeans. For me I don't recommend altering jeans, I think your best bet comfort and price wise I'd get a gently used pair of jeans from a second hand "vintage" store.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Jeans are tough to alter because they would basically need to be taken completely apart to be refitted correctly, and that means your pockets will be all messed up. So it's quite expensive and usually give less than stellar results.

I'm also at the point where i am in DESPERATE need of new jeans and I am just going to head over to Old Navy and buy some cheapies to get me through.
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes! I've had luck at my local dry cleaners! Good luck to you!
  • OBXGal
    Options
    Thanks all! I think I might check out the pricing to have them altered, then determine if I want to do it. I have three pair of jean capri's that are just falling off of me and look weird with a belt because they are all bunched up. Otherwise, I will be going the Old Navy route as well :)
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss that is an awesome problem to have.
    I was hoping people would have had better luck with jeans. I have a pair of Hudson jeans that I finally gave in and bought at my current size instead of constantly waiting until I lost the weight. I guess I will worry about that when I get there.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would save your money and go shopping at GoodWill or a consignment store. You'll probably pay the same amount money, but will have jeans that fit right. Sma
  • OBXGal
    Options
    I wish I could find pants/jeans at the goodwill. I'm 5'11" so typcially the long versions are not long enough.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!