What is YOUR motivation????

Options
hey everyone, i was just curios to what you use to motivate you to eat right, and say no to the bad foods, that is my biggest struggle, and i cant seem to find anything to keep me from eating the sweets. and tips??

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I just think about what i want....and to be able to prove myself wrong. To keep my goal in mind and say nope you cant have that right now because.....

Oh and looking hot for GRADUATION BABY!!!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    my health mainly, trying to get off cholesterol and blood pressure meds, clothes that now used to fit too tightly, the mirror, lack of energy etc the way i feel now that i'm halfway to my goal. seeing the success stories here
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I personally don't say no to any foods that I want to eat. I just do it in moderation and try to factor it into my daily calorie goals. Sweets aren't my thing I usually go for salty things like chips. But I still eat them I just have one serving or less and I take out what I'm going to eat and put the bag away. I find that depriving myself of things just makes me want it more.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I keep looking at my old clothes and pictures of myself when I was skinny. I actually put a picture on my treadmill to remind myself that I can look like that again. Just takes a lot of determination and the right mind set to get there also.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    The changes I see in the mirror keep me motivated. Plus all the wonderful people on MFP!
  • Smurfette64
    Options
    First and foremost - DON'T buy the sweets. If they are not in the house you can't eat them. I am finding that after not eating or drinking sweet things I no longer crave them. Even when hubby and kids are eating somethings now the smell sometimes makes me feel ill.

Second - think of the real reason why you want to lose the weight. Health, fitness, a specific goal - and any time you feel temptation, think of that reason.

Third - (and this may sound silly but it really does work) - when you crave the sweet things GO CLEAN YOUR TEETH - you won't feel like eating afterwards and the fresh minty taste in your mouth tricks your brain into thinking it has had something already

Last - drink plenty of water. I never used to drink much water (still won't drink it from the tap as I hate the taste). Now I drink so much filtered chilled water I'm afraid my kidneys might go on strike soon.

Good luck with your weight lose journey.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This website has helped me out A TONNE!! if i do eat the "naughty" things, I make sure I have done enough exercise that day to indulge . if i haven't and I don't feel like exercising then I don't eat it. It's kept me happy as I haven't "stopped" myself from eating, but it has happy also helped me realize that the healthier I eat it gives me more options and be fuller at the end of the day :happy:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Its all in the mind..self control and looking forward to your goals!!
  • themotivatedmomster
    themotivatedmomster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My Health, the mirror, and to look great on my wedding day. (: