Another plateau story..

Vegasboricua702
Vegasboricua702 Posts: 149
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
This is getting frustrating. Yesterday I thought I broke my weight loss plateau, apparently not. I've been stuck at 195.4 exactly for over a week now. Yesterday I weighed in at 194.6, then this morning I goto check my weight and what do you know! 195.4. Maybe I'm not consuming enough fiber? I know I'm drinking plenty of water. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Anyone?
  • Bump. Still looking for answers.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Have you tried going by measurements? You could be losing fat but gaining muscle. Just keep at it and it'll start coming off again.
  • No, but my pants and uniform do fit alot better. Im going to give it another week or so, and if nothing happens I'm going to lower my calories.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Get a measuring tape, bro.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    If your pants and ABU's are fitting better, then you're still losing fat, you're just gaining more muscle. Muscle does weigh more that fat. At this point I would suggest getting a measuring tape and stop being so hung up on what the scale says, and go by what the tape says. Great job so far though!
  • If your pants and ABU's are fitting better, then you're still losing fat, you're just gaining more muscle. Muscle does weigh more that fat. At this point I would suggest getting a measuring tape and stop being so hung up on what the scale says, and go by what the tape says. Great job so far though!

Thank you.
  • Nikki1609
    Nikki1609 Posts: 15 Member
    try not weighing yourself daily it will drive you mad, just do it weekly and you will notice the difference x
  • try not weighing yourself daily it will drive you mad, just do it weekly and you will notice the difference x

I do it just to keep my self kinda sane and one track
  • Thanks for all your advice guys! I dug deeper into it. I actually broke my plateau today. I weighed in at 193! Im was on a refeed today to prepare for tommarows lifting and excercises
  • GTL661
    GTL661 Posts: 1
    I wouldn't suggest dropping your calories too low. I also plateaued at 185. Thinking if I lowered my calories I would lose more weight. I lowered it too much and what ended up happening, I GAINED weight and started feeling horrible every morning. I bumped my calories back up and I felt better. Im still in the same boat, but my clothes are feeling looser as well. I read the only time you drop or recalculate your calories intake is when you drop more than 5lbs.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    how much water are you drinking?

That has a big effect on me.

the other thing is how much weight are you trying to loose?

if you have less than 30lb to loose, you won't do it on a high calorie deficit, you need to scale back the deficit to 1.5-1lb a week
    or if less than 10lb to 1- 0.5lb a week and concentrate on toning and reducing body fat %, your body will work against you if your trying to loose 2lb a week.
    the other things to perhaps look at is zig-zaging calories so it keeps your body guessing - you might find more about it here or google it as
    I know some folks on here follow that method.

Good luck on your journey
  • Im loosing about 1 - 1.5 a week. I drink plenty of water. About 4-6 liters a day. Its all good now. Thanks again guys!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 425 Member
    Hi there! I have had this same problem with weight watchers. I hit 198 pounds and couldn't lose anything else. I read up on some things and learned that if you replace water with diet green tea it helps you burn more fat and calories. I have done that plus added the MEGA GREENTEA fat burning supplement to my daily diet. I have also joined this site and started counting calories instead of weight watchers...... I have now lost 4 pounds since Monday. Maybe you need to change what ever you're doing to lose weight. Your muscles and body have a memory like we do, if you do the same thing EVERYDAY your body will eventually memorize that and stop what it is you want it to do. You should also pick ONE day of the week to weigh yourself. The best time of day is in the morning and without clothes on, but on an EMPTY stomach. My father is a personal trainer, he has also suggested that when working out, don't use the same routine everyday, switch it up every other day. Especially for cardio.

You may know these things already, my apologies if you do. Just trying to help! :-)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    How much weight have you lost so far? After I lost the first 30lbs I hit a 3 week plateau, yes it was very frustrating but I stuck with it. When that happens I honestly believe that it's your body adjusting to the weight loss you have had so far, your body needs time to catch up and get used to it all. Hang in there you will start dropping again just give it time and don't give up! Good luck!
    Denise
  • You are probably weighing yourself too much....I weigh myself only once a week and sometimes I go for a few WEEKS with the same weight and then all of a sudden the third week I drop like 4 lbs. ....................So hang in there and hide that scale and take it out weekly instead of daily.... Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.