Cardio

Options
What's everyone's favorite kind of cardio to do? What burns the most calories for you?

Replies

• llekllek
    Options
    What's everyone's favorite kind of cardio to do? What burns the most calories for you?
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    Swimming burns alot , but I like to walk on the treadmill very fast and it burns alot of calories. Good luck with your goals..
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I can't afford a gym membership, so I usually go for a 3.5 mile walk if the weather is nice, or I do Taebo. Trying to find new things to do without having to spend any money. lol
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    My new thing is Zumba dancing and I Love Kickboxing at 800 cal an hour Yeseee

dd
  • JAMINJESS
    Options
    THE ELLIPTICAL IS GOOD BUT I COULD ONLY WALK ON THE TREDMILL RIGHT KNOW SO I DO ABOUT 45 TO 65 MIN :smile:
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like running or ai like using the treadclimber..its really low impact but burns a lot of calories
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have to mix it up or I get bored. I run on the treadmill, ride my road bike on a trainor in winter, and I snow shoe. Not sure where everyone lives but snow shoeing is a great way to burn calories, fun, you get fresh air, and not expensive I bought my snow shoes for 60.00 at Sam's Club. i prefer to do cardio outside so winter can be a challenge!
  • marknangie
    Options
    I do Tae-Bo to But I don't know how many calories it burns. Do you know?
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hey Kak1018! Welcome to the snowshoe club! Now I have three people on site who love to snowshoe too! You're right, it is an awesome workout.
    Cowboy
  • capetennis
    Options
    the thing I do to burn calories is run on the treadmill with varying speeds
    Jump roping dosnt burn much, but it works your whole body and is not as boring
  • llekllek
    Options
    I like running or ai like using the treadclimber..its really low impact but burns a lot of calories

What is a treadclimber? Is that the thing at the gym that looks like a high quality version of the Gazelle? Or if not, does anyone know what pc of equipment I'm talking about and what it's called? (Gold's and Planet Fitness both have it)
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba and basketball
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I do a mix. On nice days I ride my road bike and then run. On cold wet days I vary b/t treadmill/bike/elliptical at the gym. I am about to change gyms and they offer a lot more plus a pool. I am training for my first triathlon so swimming is about to be added to the mix. I am quite nervous about that too b/c swimming is not my favorite thing to do!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Best burn - kickboxing - there's one at my gym that has weights too! Elliptical does a bunch as does walking uphill.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Running and dancing! The best thing about those is that they're free too :happy:

:heart: Kels
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

What is a treadclimber? Is that the thing at the gym that looks like a high quality version of the Gazelle? Or if not, does anyone know what pc of equipment I'm talking about and what it's called? (Gold's and Planet Fitness both have it)

Treadclimber looks like a treadmill but the walking surface is split down the middle into two separate tracks. They alternate going up and down as you walk. It kind of feels like you are walking in sand. One of my favorite machines! Get's your heart rate up and you don't run, burns about twice the calories of a treadmill.

The one you are thinking of is also called an Arc Trainer.

I like to use the Treadclimber, the eliptical and the stationary bike.