BBQ Recipes

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations and recipes for how to eat heathy now that the BBQ season is upon us?

I know fish is great so would love some recipes with that, what about homemade burgers or sausages?

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I usually grill chicken (boneless/skinless), Tri-tip,lean ground beef for burgers and recently grilled some ground turkey. I also grill zucchini and asparagus. Nothing fancy or complicated about my Q stuff.

Ted
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Try shrimp ka-bobs. I just put shrimp on a skewer and between each piece I put fresh veggies..gren peppers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms...onion..or whatever you like. Then I either sprinkle them with lemon pepper or cajun seasoning. you can even use a good sauce on them. Also, we loved fresh roasted corn. Take corn on the cob and wrap it in foil and put it over the cool side of the BBQ. Let it roast 45 min to an hour.
  • scim
    scim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm eating more buffalo (burgers) than beef these days. While I have the grill going (always charcoal with wood chips, not gas) I finish off some par-steamed asparagus. I splash some lemon juice on the them and add just a bit of parmesan cheese.

Portabella mushrooms grilled up with olive oil can be good, just be sure to cook them a long time so they get tender and juicy.
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A lot of folks are afraid to do chicken breasts for fear of dryness. Here is one of my favorite methods to keep them moist:

Make a homemade balsamic/oil dressing. Or use the light (not fat-free) comercial dressings from the grocery store. Throw up to 4 boneless, skinless breasts in a bag with the dressing and let them soak for at least an hour. You want some of the oil/fat to get in the meat. Remove from the marinade, sprinkle generic italian seasoning blend on them, grill about 15 minutes, or until they reach 170 degs.

The meat stays juicy because of the marinade, yet not too much extra calories/fat are added to the cost.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I was lookin for some ideas too...which is how I came acrossed this! One thing that I tried just recently were chiken kabob fajitas!! First I marinated the chicken in a caribbean jerk marinade, then I scewered that along with green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, white onion, and jalapenos. then I sprayed the whole scewers with olive oil spray and sprinkled with fajita seasoning. Grilled em on the BBQ until the chicken was cooked, grilled some "healthy" tortillas until browned and "emptied" a few skewers along with some fat free shredded cheese and fat free sour cream...and voila'!!