Any Suggestions Would Be Helpful!!!!!!

Options
So its good Friday, and my gym is closed! I usually like to burn around 600-700 there and now I'm stuck at home, i have a treadmill but i find those boring at times! AND its raining outside :( any ideas on what i could do?

Replies

• Pinkdestiny2
    Options
    Run up and down the stairs, I know its boring, but its different. You could also put your raincoat on, be brave and have a run. x
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have this, but in times like these, I go to my TV. Our cable provider offers Videos on Demand and I do a couple of the Fitness videos. They've just added Jillian Michaels stuff, so I'm excited!
    I also try doing a thorough cleaning of my house. Mopping, scrubbing, the works. You would be amazed at how many calories you can burn mopping!

I hope this helps!
  • jkd1214
    jkd1214 Posts: 27
    Options
    Set your treadmill to do intervals that way it is constantly moving and you aren't just running at one speed.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Do you have a set of free weights or a stability ball at home? I like to do my weight/ab routine as I'm watching my favorite shows I recorded throughout the week.
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    Do you have a wii? stairs? weights? you can also try listening to music while you use the treadmill I find walking with music hypes me up! but I have a bike indoors an I watch tv while doing it lol if you dont have weights try fill jugs of water..pushups, crunches, etc...i find music to help and a pic of someone in good shape next to my pic :( lol oh well you can do it girl!
    I normally like walking in the rain you dont sweat so bad lol so put a hoody on and some head phones and GO GO GO!
  • Smilks
    Smilks Posts: 4
    Options
    Cleaning the inside of a car (thoroughly) is a surprisingly good work out. Cleaning the house is a good idea too. Or stick on a film while you are on the treadmill - I do that while i'm on my exercise bike... i'd be bored stiff otherwise!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have this, but in times like these, I go to my TV. Our cable provider offers Videos on Demand and I do a couple of the Fitness videos. They've just added Jillian Michaels stuff, so I'm excited!
    I also try doing a thorough cleaning of my house. Mopping, scrubbing, the works. You would be amazed at how many calories you can burn mopping!

I hope this helps!

Yup....or go to exercise.tv....or even youtube! they have tons of free stuff to get your heart pumping!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Mud wrestling!!!