Why does MFP have an ad for burgers on the site?!

Options
lol - we're all trying to stay away from them! :tongue:

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    ha ha ha, so true!! Guess I'm not the only one who's been salivating over the ad.
  • Cudders
    Cudders Posts: 28
    Options
    Mine keeps advertising meal deals for burgers and fries too! Someone said it's based on your Google searches, as in Google ads, but I promise, I've never Googled a burger in my life...lol
  • nimil
    nimil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    most likely the ads are from an ad service that chooses ads relating to the kind of site they are placed on. so you will probably see a lot of food related ads and diet ads... they don't know they're on a diet site :p
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Mine keeps advertising meal deals for burgers and fries too! Someone said it's based on your Google searches, as in Google ads, but I promise, I've never Googled a burger in my life...lol

I know I always search calories in foods, maybe that is why. Of course right now there is a mascara ad on my page, and I am not exactly a makeup type of girl. Im pretty sure my husband hasn't searched mascara. lol
  • Bavaria100
    Options
    Its a conspiracy to test our strenght and willpower lol:laugh:
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just noticed! This is madness! Mine keeps changing from luxury car rental to burgers... from GroupOn.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    it goes on what you searched from your cookies..or the sites you've visted..their themes etc..like mine says dominos pizza right now because i ordered dominos pizza last night, and ordered it online.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Because they're paying MFP to have it there? Someone's making money.
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    My DH had a Domino's Pizza one yesterday but we haven't ordered from them in years.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Thing is, if I were going to be tempted to cheat - I wouldn't go driving out of my way to do it. I'd grab something evil that's already in the pantry or over-indulge in something that's not too bad in the fridge. I'm not going to waste gas AND sink my goals. X-D That's just stupid.

From where I'm sitting I can see graham crackers, "cheese" cracker packs and peanut butter. On the other side of the kitchen is a couple bunches of bananas at around 100 cals a piece. I have kids.