Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 question

Options
I'm on week one, day 3 of this video and it's kicking my butt! However, I have no idea how many calories I'm burning or even how to log it in? Is there any where I can go to find this out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4712835.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    If you can, get a heart rate monitor. That will give you the best approximation. Otherwise, most people enter Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred as some form of circuit training, vigorous. Hope this helps!
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend a HRM. I am also curious how the video is - I have ordered it and anxiously awaiting its arrival. Is it anything like 30 day shred?
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend a HRM. I am also curious how the video is - I have ordered it and anxiously awaiting its arrival. Is it anything like 30 day shred?

I completed Ripped in 30 recently and wrote a review here: http://getfitdiva.blogspot.com/2011/04/jm-ripped-in-30-done.html
  • admmommy
    Options
    So did you like 30 DS better than Ripped in 30?
  • lileigh1
    lileigh1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's similar. It's the same 3-2-1 method and some of the moves are the same, but it's still a great video. Enjoy!
  • lileigh1
    lileigh1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So did you like 30 DS better than Ripped in 30?

I kind of like Ripped in 30 better, but they're both great.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I did 41 days of the Shred and now I'm doing Ripped. I burn between 230-280 calories with it. I love my HRM!

I kind of like Ripped better than the Shred because Jillian is more funny in her comments. And I feel like (week one at least) it goes by a little quicker than the Shred. I would recommend starting with Shred if you are choosing between the 2, but Ripped is great!
  • admmommy
    Options
    I did 41 days of the Shred and now I'm doing Ripped. I burn between 230-280 calories with it. I love my HRM!

I kind of like Ripped better than the Shred because Jillian is more funny in her comments. And I feel like (week one at least) it goes by a little quicker than the Shred. I would recommend starting with Shred if you are choosing between the 2, but Ripped is great!

I have done the 30DS and that is what started my 100 lb weight loss after I had my baby girl two years ago. I then switched things up and went to free weights and treadmill 5 days a week and that helped a lot. I was getting pretty ripped and I LOVED IT! I also had a personal trainer that was great. Now that I do not have her anymore I feel like I am not doing the greatest. So I wanted to switch things up again and start with Jillian again and I am hoping with the DVD I can start my 50 lb weight loss and get to where I need to be
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS and that is what started my 100 lb weight loss after I had my baby girl two years ago. I then switched things up and went to free weights and treadmill 5 days a week and that helped a lot. I was getting pretty ripped and I LOVED IT! I also had a personal trainer that was great. Now that I do not have her anymore I feel like I am not doing the greatest. So I wanted to switch things up again and start with Jillian again and I am hoping with the DVD I can start my 50 lb weight loss and get to where I need to be
    Sounds like it worked awesome for you in the beginning! I love how much the Shred has affected my ideas about working out. I love having something to stick with, that's even fun, for a length of time! Good luck!