New girl here

Options
:happy: Hi everyone. Never done any online stuff with diet and exercise...but that being said ...nothing else has worked...so...here I am. I confess I am limited in motivation and drive and because I have fibromyalgia it hurts to strain/push muscles when working out. Maybe walking? Love to have some input:)

Replies

• lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome! It took me a while to figure everything out, 'cause I've never done any on-line things like this - my daughters had to guide me somewhat. Now I think I know more about this site than they do! If you're looking for friends, you can add me!:flowerforyou:
  • coolani
    coolani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI, Just new here since yesterday and I too have never done anything on line with diet excersise I was about to go back to ww and discovered this sie. I like he idea of seeing exactly how many calories you need to maintain your weight. I found by doing it just yesterday, I reached my goal calories of 1200.....very easily and when I saw that I didnt want to go over it. Also, I hink it is motivatiing to see how many calories you can take of your day with a little walking. Check it out. It is hard with something like Fibromyalgia, and there are always good and bad days for all of us. I have seen a lot of people suffer with this as I am a nurse. Good luck and stay conneced!!:
  • hjaawyk
    hjaawyk Posts: 10
    Options
    It has worked for me!!! It is amazing the calories you eat without even knowing it!! This site is awesome! Good luck to you!
  • tekbro
    tekbro Posts: 7
    Options
    Works for me because I am analytical enough to put in all the food and then back off eating at the end of the day if need be. Exercise walking turns out to be really really significant in terms of calorie burn, so do a lot of that if you can. Be patient and persistent and you will shed pounds.
  • jcmorningstar
    Options
    TY for responding! Support is good...I will learn the site as I go. Don't know how to ask for 'Add me's"???
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    welcome! everyone on here is very supportive. I know you will love the site. feel free to add me if you need some support
  • jcmorningstar
    Options
    I guess I should mention that this is twice as hard because I quit smoking 2 days ago. I just have a voracious appetite and no "full" level. Any ideas on appetite surpressing...without drugs and I already drink water all day long?:huh:
  • coolani
    coolani Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you keep a food diary? It is good to include your mood and actually put down where you are on the hunger scale from 1-10. goal of "5" which is satisfied without being overly full. If you slow down with eating and try to eat "mindfully" you can tune in better to where your hunger level is.......I am trying to eat all meals sitting down and over at least 20 minutes.. It takes that long for the brain to know who full you are.. Good luck!
  • jcmorningstar
    Options
    Thank you..I have not tried any of this before but a food diary will keep me aware and honest about when and why I eat. I just love food. Always have. Headed to the grocery store now so I will be more aware of what I am buying. TY