Has anyone done/completed Insanity?

leesey1
leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I ordered Insanity in a super pumped up mode & the more I hear how hard it is the more I am doubting myself. Im down to 196 & I am no where near being in shape so is it possible I can complete this program? Also, sometimes I wrk from 9am to 9pm getting home around tenish on some nights, do u have to follow the calendar exactly or can u rearrange the workouts?

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    I am finishing up week 2. I LOVE it. I have seen people here at a higher weight than you doing it so yes it can be done. Dont try to keep up with the people in the workout. I'm 140 and cant keep up with them at all but feel my stamina increasing everyday. I think its awesome. i lost 4 lbs my first week and feel stronger and more energic everday. you just do what YOU can do. I follow the exact calendar, its designed to work all parts of your body so your results will be better if you follow it.
  • I have done insanity. Dont be discouraged. You have do your best, because they are designed to push you to your personal best. In case you hadn't noticed, even the trainers have a hard time getting through the routines. I personally didn't have an issue, but word of caution, many of the reviews I read commented on knee injury's. Land softley and safely with the plyometric ( jumping) moves.
    Try to keep to the calendar as close as possible, on busy days or tougher days split your workout in 1/2 -- be creative. But never doubt yourself-- just do the best you can do ! The more conditioned you get, the easier it becomes.- Good Luck
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Even the *instructors* can't keep up sometimes in those videos! X-D I watched the bonus video (Fast and Furious). Even Shaun T (head guy) had to stop and die for a few, which is nice because if HE has to stop then I don't feel like as much of a failure. :-D

Your top speed is just that - YOUR top speed. Which makes it pretty durned tailored. And the strength moves are based on your body weight - which you carry around all the time. Keep your form correct to avoid injury and the strength to do the moves quickly will come in time.

Speed helps you lose fat, strength is to tone what's sitting under the fat. The program claims to give you a years worth of results in sixty days. That doesn't mean that your body will be that of a super model in sixty days. :-D
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    I took a break from P90X and did a round of Insanity. I really liked the cardio - and lost about 7 lbs in the process. However, Shawn T didn't motivate me like other workouts I have done. Just my take!

Its only 63 days - you can do ANYTHING for 63 days!

Commit to it and you can do it!!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    We have an Insanity group in Fitness and Exercise, its entitled Are You Insane, its an awesome way to get motivation from others doing the same program as you. Join us.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    I'm 2 weeks and 1 day away from completing my first round. The first four days will kill you and you will be sore. Then you start repeating some of those workouts and it's not so bad. Each time you get better and better. Then you start the second month and the first four days of that will kill you all over again.

It's not easy but you can do it!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    I weigh about 50lbs more than you so if I can do it, anybody can do it lol. Just do as he says and go at your own pace, even if you can only push out 3 in an interval while they're doing like 20, because as you keep doing it you're gonna be able to do more and more. And like everyone else said, keep proper form and make sure you land softly, there are a lot of jumps that can cause knee injury if you do it incorrectly. And don't be afraid to hit the pause button :) I think you should stick to the calendar as far as which routines to do on which days, they're all the same length (40 mins) basically except for later in the first month when you'll start doing pure cardio and cardio abs together.
This discussion has been closed.