will always be fat

Options
wth am i thinking? i was so excited cuz i thought the this was gonna work...and now i'm screwing up with this plan too. Maybe i should just accept the fact that i will always be fat...even if i get to my goal weight, by body is pretty much ruined anyway.

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Never quit quitting is what your profile says...quit your old eating habits, quit your lack of exercise habits in other words don't give up on yourself. What issues are you having? Nutrition? Exercise? both? Open you diary to the public and let us look at it and see where you can improve. What are you doing for exercise? Give us some information so we can find a way to help you the best.

In the mean time...take a deep breath (or 5) let it out slow and begin again!

Hugs to you!

P.S. There is no screwing up, it's finding 10,000 ways that it doesn't work!
  • wlhill
    wlhill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry that you feel that way! At some point you need to figure out what is making you continue to "screw up" all the plans that you have tried. Are you setting yourself up for failure or are the people around you? You will only succeed when you believe that you are truly worthy of succes! Good Luck and don't let one or two "bad" days ruin your weight loss goal!

Think positive and I hope your day gets better!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It is never too late to change your life.
  • Transform_me_now
    Transform_me_now Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ok i changed my settings to public diary view....ugh..lol... how embarrassing (especially the last few days). Oh well, there it is, in all it's glory.
    help please! my husband has lost almost 80 pounds and is all hot lol...I'm gonna lose him if i don't make this fat go away!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You've lost 15lbs already if you can do that you can do anything! I know this gets frustrating and discouraging when you feel your not reaching your goal fast enough, but you have to stick with it. You wouldn't have made it as far as you have if you were a quitter. You have a whole community of people here willing to help you and want to see you succeed! You have to tell us what your struggling with in order for us to help you through this! Endurance means everything!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wth am i thinking? i was so excited cuz i thought the this was gonna work...and now i'm screwing up with this plan too. Maybe i should just accept the fact that i will always be fat...even if i get to my goal weight, by body is pretty much ruined anyway.

Don't give up!
    It will happen.
    You've already shown you can do it. You just need a little help.
    I don't know if you're on any program...but we're having great luck with The 17 Day Diet.
    Come join us here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212308-the-17-day-diet
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • abroughton1978
    Options
    Oh, I know that feeling all too well. I just joined MFP and am determined this has to work or nothing will, I will die fat. Then I think of my funeral, how large that casket will have to be and how bloated I will look. Is that how I want people to remember me? Do I want to die before I accomplish my goals? No! Your profile goals resemble mine in a way.....we will conquer this and defeat this, because not doing so means we are giving up on ourselves. How often do we give up on others? If you are like me, it isn't often, so why in the heck should we give up on ourselves?

Keep on, keeping on! Get back into these message boards/blogs to get more encouragement, find an exercising buddy, surround yourself with people and messages that lift you up during this time of self doubt! You deserve this! You deserve to be healthy! It is time to put up a fight....

A lesson I just learned was to stop hiding from myself and others! I am excited that you decided to open your diary for others to see.....it is an important step in this fight...you don't have to fight alone!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those thoughts. We all wish there was some magic pill that would just let us wake up one day and be skinny. The truth is that the only magic pill is hard work and exercise and eating healthy. Look at other peoples' diaries and get some tips and motivation from them. If you have already started losing weight then you don't QUIT!!! If you do you will gain it all back and then some. Then you will look back and say damn if only I had stuck with it. If I die doing this, at least I will know I died trying to better myself and not bowing down at the weakness of food. GET MOTIVATED AND GET TO WORK!!!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those thoughts. We all wish there was some magic pill that would just let us wake up one day and be skinny. The truth is that the only magic pill is hard work and exercise and eating healthy. Look at other peoples' diaries and get some tips and motivation from them. If you have already started losing weight then you don't QUIT!!! If you do you will gain it all back and then some. Then you will look back and say damn if only I had stuck with it. If I die doing this, at least I will know I died trying to better myself and not bowing down at the weakness of food. GET MOTIVATED AND GET TO WORK!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!
  • Transform_me_now
    Transform_me_now Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wow thx everyone...i felt kinda silly posting such a negative post but I just dont know what to do. I appreciate all the positive comments. think i need to just step back and re-evaluate. Been sick all week so that's not helping. Here's to keeping on... THX!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Unless your bad habits have done permanent damage to your heart or liver your body is probably not ruined. And even if you have you can still improve your health. After years of yo-yo-ing between thin and fat, I've finally found that by worrying more about my health than my waistline I've finally been able to lose weight steadily. I concentrate on keeping my lipids and glucose under control and my waist and hips have followed suit (I know my ticker doesn't show much weight loss because I joined this site after losing 20 lbs).
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    It's easier to quit than to try. But nothing worth having ever comes easy. Be patient, and be kind to yourself. You body is more than what is on the scale. You can sing, laugh, give your hubby a kiss and best of all it contains a mind that decides what your body does. Decide to do this for yourself. We all deserve health and happiness.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Took a look at your diary and you haven't been doing all that bad. I see a lot of stuff you could cut out but I feel like there is no need for me to name those things because deep down you know what you shouldn't be eating. You need try and get some healthier snacks for starters, try to cut back on unnecessary calories like the creamers, and the syrup. I know it's a hard road but you can do this you just gotta want it bad enough. Perhaps try looking at other peoples diary and get some healthy alternatives.
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Having one of those days, eh? Look at yourself, youa re FIFTEEN POUNDS LIGHTER! That's accomplishing a lot right there. If you can do that, you can do more. You know you can! Keep on keepin on. I gave up, I'm back, and I'm finding so much encouragement right now. You can too. I'm sending up a quick prayer for you right now! Have a blessed day!