Rolls on your Back

Options
I have some serious fat accumulation right where my sides meet my back. You know what I mean? Those big lumps that make it impossible to wear a swimsuit without cringing? :P What exercises are good to get a burn in that area?

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Any kind of core work will help that out!! I have very similar stats to yours, and had the same problem. Think planks, Superman - Banana rolls, and anything that has you twist. Zumba is great for that area.

Good luck!!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Cardio does wonders. Have you tried 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30? Both of them have great workouts that target those areas. No More Trouble Zones is another great DVD. Overall, no matter how much I've tried, cardio seems to be the only thing that can really help shed the fat. Patience. and G'luck!
  • Fulminare
    Fulminare Posts: 17
    Options
    1825009.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I tried 30 Day Shred and quit after 3 days, heh :embarassed: But I'm thinking about getting back into it now that I'm getting my diet figured out...
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Totally had those. Do some strength training that targets the back, and also core moves, as suggested. I did the 30 Day Shred, and noticed a pretty big difference in my back. And of course, eat healthy, and keep losing weight. :drinker:

4d783mj
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Fat is a overall body thing. You can't tell your body to lose fat in one place versus another, its why Jennifer Lopez's backside is so incredible (she happens to keep the nearly all her fat in her chest and butt). Where fat accumulates is genetic. Lowering calories below your maintenance and cardio is the way. You'll have to keep up with the cardio and eventually that fat will go away.
  • tjstivers1
    Options
    Whenever I see topics like this, I cringe a little. The fact of the matter is, you can't actively select where the fat is coming off of. On my body for example, it started coming off furthest from the stomach. So I had skinny forearms, neck, and face, but with a gut hanging out.

All you really need is to do more cardio. Swimming, running, walking, and even jumping rope are fine.