Having realistic goals...

Options
On thinking about the fact there is only 8 months left of this year I really need to be more realistic with the goals that I want to achieve... Losing 6.5 stone just feels too much to do in a healthy manner so I am now aiming for 4.5stone by 1st of January 2012 and will reaccess my final targets from there! So that will be approx 10lbs per month which I think is more achievable??

Replies

• SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    good idea hun..... you still on with the challenge you set up ?

Sarah x
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    TBH I need to post on there... not sure I am qualified enough to run it :(
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    Options
    oh dont be silly...who need qualifications hun to reach there goal...this site is evidence of that ♥
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thats what I've done too. Mini goals seem better to me, as you can feel like you have achieved each one of them rather than going for one goal for months and months.

Not sure it'll be achieveable once we are smaller - bet the weight loss will slow down, but we'll be much smaller by then, and so happier anyways!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    Options
    Thats what I've done too. Mini goals seem better to me, as you can feel like you have achieved each one of them rather than going for one goal for months and months.

Not sure it'll be achieveable once we are smaller - bet the weight loss will slow down, but we'll be much smaller by then, and so happier anyways!

thats so true :)
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Look when I started MFP 3 months ago, I was overweight, never worked out and couldn't run for 3min straight. I started eating right, exercising, and the weight came off just like that. I'm down 10kg, and feel amazing, to be honest i still can't believe I can get away with wearing a bikini! Don't underestimate what your body can do as long as u can mentally handle sticking to it! It's all calories in calories out :) Loosing 1lb is burning (or subtracting) 3500 calories from your daily calorie intake :) I tried to burn 3500 per week and eat 3500 less, and I lost 2lb per week :) Which got me even more motivated and pumped to continue.:smile: Keep up to good work! You can do it!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Any goal can be achieved if you put your mind to it !!!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Hey :) Look when I started MFP 3 months ago, I was overweight, never worked out and couldn't run for 3min straight. I started eating right, exercising, and the weight came off just like that. I'm down 10kg, and feel amazing, to be honest i still can't believe I can get away with wearing a bikini! Don't underestimate what your body can do as long as u can mentally handle sticking to it! It's all calories in calories out :) Loosing 1lb is burning (or subtracting) 3500 calories from your daily calorie intake :) I tried to burn 3500 per week and eat 3500 less, and I lost 2lb per week :) Which got me even more motivated and pumped to continue.:smile: Keep up to good work! You can do it!

Great job !!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am glad that i found this one ! I hope we are still going to do the challenge that we are going to loose weight by 2012 ! I am going to set goal for myself too and will let you know by May 1st what mine are going to be !
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't have any time limits on hitting goal weight. To me, it seems counterproductive to put dates on it. I can't predict which weeeks will be big loss weeks and which will be flat, nor can I predict when I might even go UP temporarily. Putting the pressure of 'goal dates' on myself just seems silly to me and would be unmotivating whenever the rate of loss changed.

I know that if I eat carefully, drink enough water and exercise moderately, the weight will come off. I'd rather measure my behavior than fret about the calendar.
  • Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    2 lb a week is a good target hun x x x