some positive results!

Options
liveinbliss
liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
I've been working to change my body composition...build more lean muscle lose body fat. I try not to focus on the scale, but it's hard not too...it's so ingrained! I started taking measurements in January and am so glad I did because even though my scale hasn't budged I have officially lost 9 inches (11 if I count the inch I gained in each bicept and now lost again)! I am starting to see a hint of definition in my arms and I am so excited about it!

Replies

• greatescape
    greatescape Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! It's not jsut the scale that measures our success!
  • lisazags
    lisazags Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! They say that is the best way to measure change and of course lean body mass. I get so stuck on the numbers on the scale, but if you are lifting weights and losing fat you may not see a budge for a while in terms of numbers. In the end, its the inches we want to see. Look at all those women in the oxygen magazine, they are full of lean muscle and usually weigh more.

Good luck!!!
  • lyn267
    lyn267 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you're seeing some measurable change. I know how we need that positive reinforcement.
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! They say that is the best way to measure change and of course lean body mass. I get so stuck on the numbers on the scale, but if you are lifting weights and losing fat you may not see a budge for a while in terms of numbers. In the end, its the inches we want to see. Look at all those women in the oxygen magazine, they are full of lean muscle and usually weigh more.

Good luck!!!

I love Oxygen magazine! I so want to have a healthy, defined body like most of the woman in there (some are a little to muscley for me :))
  • kimnmia
    kimnmia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! How long have you been following the New Rules plan?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!