Party Recipes

Options
blh0285
blh0285 Posts: 22 Member
We are having a poker party this weekend with my family and we usually eat a lot of junk, but i was wanting to include some healthier snacks this time around. I love making the buffalo chicken dip, but its pretty unhealthy. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Hummus served with baby carrots and multi-grain pita chips.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for low fat buffalo chicken dip
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Mmmmm - I LOVE buffalo chicken dip! If I do make it, I make sure I use the low fat cream cheese, cheese, and ranch dressing. My new favourite for parties is pico de gallo:
    Finely chop:
    Tomato
    White Onion
    Jalapeno (seeds removed unless you like it HOT)
    Cilantro
    Fresh squeeze 1/2 lime
    Mix it all together and there you have it! I don't ever measure anything exact so play around with it to make it to your liking:)
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We made some taquitos from the Hungry girl website a few weeks ago, one was a chicken recipe and one was a pepperoni pizza version. They were yummy, and I think only 150 cals for 4 of them. They are made with wonton wrappers.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I buy lean pork loin and cook it in my slow cooker w/ 1 cup water for about 7 hours on slow. Then I drain it, shred it, and add a bottle of the lowest calorie/sugar/sodium barbecue sauce I can find at the grocery and serve with small (think slider size) rolls. I usually offer white and wheat. Make sure you have pickles to go with, and if you're a southerner, slaw made with low-fat dressing (we like to put it ON the bbq sandwich). This is not hummus, tofu, or a veggie platter but pretty doggone lean and very tasty. You said it was a party, right? Even the big guys at your party will love it. It's always a hit when my husband has the guys over to watch UFC.

PS I've never tried it, but I'll bet it would turn out really well made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs also. But, the lean pork loin really is pretty lean.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Oh, yeah. It will stay nice and warm all evening in your slow cooker set to "warm".
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    I buy lean pork loin and cook it in my slow cooker w/ 1 cup water for about 7 hours on slow. Then I drain it, shred it, and add a bottle of the lowest calorie/sugar/sodium barbecue sauce I can find at the grocery and serve with small (think slider size) rolls. I usually offer white and wheat. Make sure you have pickles to go with, and if you're a southerner, slaw made with low-fat dressing (we like to put it ON the bbq sandwich). This is not hummus, tofu, or a veggie platter but pretty doggone lean and very tasty. You said it was a party, right? Even the big guys at your party will love it. It's always a hit when my husband has the guys over to watch UFC.

PS I've never tried it, but I'll bet it would turn out really well made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs also. But, the lean pork loin really is pretty lean.

My momma doesn't lie. This stuff is dang good!! :happy:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Light beer?
    :bigsmile:
  • blh0285
    blh0285 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys! I have gotten a lot of good ideas!