What is the most weight anyone has lost in the first week of

Options
Or maybe first week back from falling off the wagon? Lol Curious.

Replies

• passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    "What is the most weight anyone has lost the first week of eating right and exercise or first week back from falling off the wagon. Curious" lol
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound my first week, then I lost 4 pound the first week I cut out refined sugar.
  • cheekymo48
    Options
    I lost 5lbs in the first week. I am on my 11th day.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds my first week on WW when i was on it about six years ago....
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week and I lost 4.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I am eating 1201 calories, drinking tons of water and exercising some.

My main thing was not eating out, cutting back on portions, and that has helped me a lot, plus this site is amazing!

Add me as a friend if you like and we can help each other along!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs my first week back on the wagon. My husband, on the other hand, who has WAY less weight than me to lose even now, lost 5 lbs the first DAY.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Or maybe first week back from falling off the wagon? Lol Curious.

I lost 9. I believe my mom ost 18! That's all water weight of course & only 2-3lbs of fat.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think it was like 3 or 4 lbs with just diet and exercise.
    Many years ago I went on phentermine tablets and I think I lost like 5 or 6 lbs the first couple weeks - but that was basically b/c I was taking legal speed and not eating more than 16 points or 800 calories a day. No wonder I gained it all back the minute I stopped taking the pills.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I lost 8lbs my first week with MFP. Of course I had 77lbs to lose. After that I had a couple weeks where I lost 3 or 4lbs but then it slowed to the normal 2lbs a week and now about 1lbs a week.

I honestly haven't really fallen off the wagon, I just allow myself fun meals here and there and don't worry about it.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    I lost 14lbs the first week.
    I was SERIOUSLY retaining water because I was 8 months pregnant and I had been flying.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Normally a healthy, sustainable weight loss is not going to be the quickest around. But I did have one week where I spent the whole week doing some high-mountain backpacking. It was with 50 lb packs and averaged about 6 miles per day with plenty of inclines. The food provided was basically high fat & protein snacks only, not many of what I'd consider "meals". I lost 5 lbs that week - fun week.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I lost 7, but saw a guy post two days ago that he lost 13!
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    It wasnt my first week but at some point it was around 10lbs in a week.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    I had lost 5lb once over in my first week I was so chuffed ! :D
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs first week, 3 lbs 2nd week, 1.5 lbs 3rd and 4th week. .... It is not suggested to lose more than 2/week for a long period. At first you will because of water weight. But if you lose too fast, it may come back worse... make sure you eat your exercise calories back to nourish your body and muscles so your body doesn't go into startvation mode and you can stay healthy and do it for the long haul. Muscles take lots of calories, and fat takes muscles to burn it ;) You'll do great!
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started in January and the first week I lost 9 pounds. Just by logging my food, and I stopped using cream and sugar in my coffee (which was saving between 500-600 cals per day!!).
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds in one week after a 10-pound fluctuation increase from a weekend of Vegas buffets.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started in January and the first week I lost 9 pounds. Just by logging my food, and I stopped using cream and sugar in my coffee (which was saving between 500-600 cals per day!!).

wow you must drink tons of coffee hehe :)
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The last time I was losing weight, I hit a plateau and wasn't losing for a week or two, but stuck with it - and BAM! I lost 7 lbs in one week - kept it off too and just picked up and carried on at my 1.5 to 2 lbs a week thereafter!
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow! good job everyone! I was curious because I am eating no more than 1200 calories, going to the gym 1.5hrs now. yesterday i burned 1085 calories :). drinking green tea in the morning, multi b vitamins and cayenne pepper (in pill form cuz that pepper is really hot lol) because all those help metabolism and cayenne and b vit turn fatty acids into energy and i checked my scale today of which I should check it tuesday because thats my 1 week mark and ive already lost a few lbs...its been 3 days lol