Miracle Noodles are Gross

Options
KarenB4G
KarenB4G Posts: 252
The texture makes me want to gag. Anyone got any ideas on how to improve them. I guess I need to try and dry roast them

Replies

• kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of them. Maybe the miracle is that you can get them down?
  • KarenB4G
    Options
    you got that right!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    you got that right!

Well you have to rinse them very well and then dry them. When you open the package, dump them into a colander and rinse them until you think you're done, then rinse them some more. Then after they stop dripping I just dump them onto a clean dish towel and blot them dry. At this point you can microwave them for 1 minute and add them to any recipe or top them with sauce.

That being said Ronzoni Pasta Company does not have to worry, these are not a true replacement. You have to want quantity over quality to eat this, but sometimes that's were I am.
  • chubbyspice
    chubbyspice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    are you talking about the tofu noodles? I love them if you can press all the water out of them they are not bad. after I rinse and pat dry I put them in a pan with a little olive oil and garlic powder... yumm! I eat the whole bag and I'm very satisfied. I guess they take some getting used to, I usually like everything though.
  • KarenB4G
    Options
    i think they are just too squiggley for me. have you roasted them to see what happens?
  • chubbyspice
    chubbyspice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get the Angel hair type and to me with a little seasoning an sautee it tastes great! My friend had a hard time with them too, but she said she would learn to like it. I am lucky in a way there is not much I won't eat! LOL Experiment with it I see someone posted a 100 calorie alfredo sauce, maybe that will work? I know I will be trying it! Good Luck!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    You need to go to the hungry girl website. She has some really good ideas. They aren't bad with a spicy marinara, alot of red pepper flakes. The fishy smell really threw me off. I hate the smell of fish. I just have to rinse them very quickly. Good luck!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've never had miracle noodles - the warning about the smell, rinsing, and drying in order to actually eat them put me off.

Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? I use that as a replacement for noodles. It's great with marinara or pesto or just some garlic and parm!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I don't bother...I just use regular pasta. I can't give it up so I weigh it out and add more protien and veggies. The description of the Miracle noodles turned me off. : x
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i still want to try the angel hair ones so bad to replace cravings for chow mein and pasta.
  • KarenB4G
    Options
    I've never had miracle noodles - the warning about the smell, rinsing, and drying in order to actually eat them put me off.

Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? I use that as a replacement for noodles. It's great with marinara or pesto or just some garlic and parm!

Awesome idea. thank you so much for reminding me!!!! As for anyone keeping up with this post.....I GOT SOME FOR SELL lol