Avoid Winter Weight Gain

Options
If you are like me you almost can already taste and smell Thanksgiving dinner: the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, buttered rolls, and pumpkin pie! and look forward to cuddling on the couch under some blankets with your significant other & / or a favorite pet and a good book. However, these two combined tend to do a number on my weight loss efforts. :sad:

Here is a webpage that "in-theory" might help.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_150/167_eating_well.html

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    If you are like me you almost can already taste and smell Thanksgiving dinner: the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, buttered rolls, and pumpkin pie! and look forward to cuddling on the couch under some blankets with your significant other & / or a favorite pet and a good book. However, these two combined tend to do a number on my weight loss efforts. :sad:

Here is a webpage that "in-theory" might help.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/foodcourt_150/167_eating_well.html
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Ahh, I understand your post and you are right, but wow, how I want to curl up after that big dinner and just lay around now after reading that...lol! I'll try to break tradition in that area, though!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I think about it, the .02 lbs of fat I might gain is totally worth the delicious food and the family time and snuggling up. I used to try to control myself, but now I enjoy the indulgence more than I enjoy the tiny weight loss lol. But then, I only have one day for Thanksgiving food and one day for Christmas food since I just visit home, and then I come back here to empty cupboards. If I had more time to pig out, I'd definitely practice more self control. :devil:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    When I think about it, the .02 lbs of fat I might gain is totally worth the delicious food and the family time and snuggling up. I used to try to control myself, but now I enjoy the indulgence more than I enjoy the tiny weight loss lol. But then, I only have one day for Thanksgiving food and one day for Christmas food since I just visit home, and then I come back here to empty cupboards. If I had more time to pig out, I'd definitely practice more self control. :devil:

Agreed. I have absolutely no concerns with gaining weight this christmas. I am going to sample my xmas cookies, eat a hearty xmas meal and sip hot cocoa until the covers with my man. And if I step on the scale around new years to find I've put on a few, then I'll rest assured that I have all year to take those few lbs off again. Life isn't worth living without indulgences, you just can't allow them all the time. :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    My goal this thanksgiving and christmas is to eat a little bit of anything but not over stuff. My main goal is not to overstuff. I hate that feeling and the more that Im getting healther the more the feeling bothers me. So good luck to me. :drinker:
  • tookieb
    Options
    Everything in moderation!!!

Do not over indulge, but don't take so little that you are upset about how much you are actually eating of your very favorite things.

In other words (at least this is what I am telling myself)....Don't eat 1/2 the pie, but don't only give yourself 1/16th of a piece, 1/4 of the pie should about do the trick:laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Agreed. I have absolutely no concerns with gaining weight this christmas. I am going to sample my xmas cookies, eat a hearty xmas meal and sip hot cocoa until the covers with my man. And if I step on the scale around new years to find I've put on a few, then I'll rest assured that I have all year to take those few lbs off again. Life isn't worth living without indulgences, you just can't allow them all the time. :flowerforyou:

Great minds think alike! :laugh: I feel exactly the same way! :smile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I agree, this absolutely isnt about deprivation!:wink:

All things in moderation!:drinker:

We'll all get thru it and the only thing I intend to do is enjoy the holidays with my loved ones:heart: (wisely!:wink: )

~Roni
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just read a quote that said people worry about what they eat between Thanksgiving and New Years but they should really worry about what they eat between New Years and Thanksgiving.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Its 2 days out of the year we can eat like that we have all the other days to eat right and keep the weight off.

I am going to enjoy every bite that I take and then start the following day with all my healthy food again.:drinker: :happy: