SWEET tooth!

Options
My biggest problem is my sweet tooth cravings! I looove sweets especially chocolate, I'll just be doing something and all of a sudden I have a huge urge to eat something sweet.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get rid of those cravings?

Replies

• Tati08
    Tati08 Posts: 11
    Options
    My biggest problem is my sweet tooth cravings! I looove sweets especially chocolate, I'll just be doing something and all of a sudden I have a huge urge to eat something sweet.. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get rid of those cravings?
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    What I would do is to have A couple of small pieces of dark chocolate. Not an entire bar, but enough to really savor and enjoy. Otherwise, I'd think about that chocolate all day and nothing else would satisfy me. The last time I lost a lot of weight, I ate anything I wanted IN MODERATION, and didn't feel a dern bit guilty about it. :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I do... and I indulge. There are lots of sweets that won't reck your day. Suck on a few chocolate chips, a sugar free candy, or a popsicle. Or bake up a yummy diet pop cake or pick up some skinny cow ice cream. :flowerforyou:
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been trying a hot cup of black tea, it has the little bit of caffeine in it which I think is sometimes why we crave chocolate, most of the time it works for me. Every once in a while, especially around that time of the month, I indulge in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, its around 100 calories and it stops the craving. Good luck, this has been one of my biggest challenges as well.
  • rdhd88
    rdhd88 Posts: 18
    Options
    Have you tried those 60 calorie indiv cups of jello pudding? I think they have lots of choc flavored ones & are supposed to have a new dark choc one. I get tips from the show The Biggest Loser & they say have one of those topped with some fat free cool whip you store in the freezer & you have a nice low calorie sweet snack! :) Hope this helps & good luck!
  • star1940
    Options
    I also love chocolate or just about anything sweet. I have found skinny cow choc. mini bars are sooooo good, and only 50 cal. each
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Has some great candies. :happy: I get the thin mints and they run 50 cals each but having one knocks out my sweet tooth. :tongue:
  • Tati08
    Tati08 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I will try that!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar addict. I can't eat just a little without losing all willpower. Moderation doesn't work for me. I've gone for two days now without sugar and I feel GREAT. I don't know why I need to keep learning this over and over. Eventually (like always), I'll probably figure I'm feeling great, so I'm free to have a little sugar again. That's when my eating goes to he**, the weight starts coming back on and my moods start swinging. (How many times am I going to make myself go through that?)

I still went over calories a little bit today, but I don't care because I feel so good! :happy:

Cheryl
  • healthychic
    Options
    I am the same way, I always get a sweet tooth especially for chocolate! Today I had one and I found a fun size milky way bar left over from my sister's halloween candy and I ate that. It did the trick. My sister is on weight watchers and she got these things called "Baffles". I don't know what grocery stores are near you but we get them at Meijer in the healthfood section. I think they are 60 calories in 12 Baffles. They are sooo good, chocolately and crunchy rice cake bunches. Also, try Hagin Daaz fat free rasberry sorbet, it is delicious!

:heart: Danielle
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Have you tried those 60 calorie indiv cups of jello pudding? I think they have lots of choc flavored ones & are supposed to have a new dark choc one. I get tips from the show The Biggest Loser & they say have one of those topped with some fat free cool whip you store in the freezer & you have a nice low calorie sweet snack! :) Hope this helps & good luck!

Im going to try this. I have been meaning to go buy some however I just keep forgetting. Tomorrow the store and I have a date. I will have a full belly however because that way I don't crave too much. Thank you for the unintentional reminder. :flowerforyou:
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh whenever i try to have a small amount of something, i just end up eating lots of random stuff. its kinda all or nothing for me.
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    speckle -- me, too.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love oreo thin crisp when I want choclate!