Crystal light question

Options
Would adding Crystal light to water be considered part of my 8 glasses of water a day?

Replies

• kmg748
    kmg748 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sure hope so because that is what I do sometimes =)
  • thomasbf
    thomasbf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, most definitely.
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    well if it is i need to be adding glasses because thats all i drink!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know why not. Some days, that's the only thing I drink :drinker:
  • MeggieMae22
    Options
    I add it. It's what makes it easier for me to drink water.
  • mrb2217
    mrb2217 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would say it just depends on how strict you want to be in your diet. If you want to be as strict as possible then I would say no. But if your like me and strict on everything in your diet EXCEPT the water, then yeah count it. Since I only drink water and Crystal Light now, I always count it.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Thats the only way I can choke down water is to add flavor to it :)
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    It does count, but consuming too many artificial sweeteners isn't good. I would try to mix it up, by doing one regular water and one Crystal Light, or maybe just a half packet of Crystal light.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I add it to club soda and it taste awesome!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    YES! Just make sure you count those 5 lovely calories :) because if youre drinking 8 glasses a day youre ingesting 40 extra cals
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I count it everyday as my 8+ glasses of water. I have had success with losing weight still. I have a really hard time drinking plain water, so Crystal Light makes it barable for me.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I hope so, since I just bought some to get me to drink more water!
  • clousey
    clousey Posts: 1
    Options
    crystal light is only an additive to your water.. water is water. remeber to add your 5 calories per pack. i split my pack into 2 8 oz. glasses. you get a slight taste and your 5 calories is divided up by two glasses not just one. just saying thats what i do. good luck.
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    Water, tea, coffee--it's all water. Water in soup. It's bs that coffee is "dehydrating." We mostly drink all that water to fill us up. Why do you think people lose more weight who have a cup of broth before dinner?
    Definatley count your "crystal light" but why add crap to your pure water? GOOD water doesn't have any taste, and bottled water is not good for you or the environment, so why not get an in-sink water filter (if you have your own home) or one that attaches to the faucet, or buy the triple-osmosis filtered water from a "water-store." (better than those "pitchers, but pitchers are better than nothing). It's cheap (just get the big container with the spigot for your counter) They finally figured out flouridated water is bad for you, too. So maybe your body is telling you something, when you don't like the taste of water, because water is a survival need--we cannot live more than 3 days (or so) without water (5 minutes, without oxygen, and about 30-days without food) Herb teas are a good and healing source of water for all.
  • familyfound
    familyfound Posts: 16
    Options
    I was searching for the answer to this question...thanks!