Hi everyone..

Options
Just gettin started here. Hope it goes as planned. Already realizing AGAIN that tracking my food HELPS so much!

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...I realized the same thing and been doing it since January...I may have to do it like forever, but that's okay cause the ppl here are really cool. Once you build up a group of friends for encouragement and motivation, you'll see what I mean! Good luck and much success on your journey...you can do it! Check out some of the progress pics here...AMAZING dude!!!! Just stick with it for as long as you need to(like me) and the possibilities are freaking endless! Rock it out!:drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • TheRealBigDeal
    TheRealBigDeal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I appreciate. I feel like the more out Iam about what I am trying to accomplish. (perhaps) the more accountable I will be.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You definitely have the right mindset! As long as you're honest and your mind is made up to NOT QUIT no matter if things are going good or bad, you can be successful. I was a crash dieter for years and it only got me more fat. Now I am 'anti-diet'. Everything in moderation is fine as long as you are using the tools and I was also 'anti-exercise' for awhile. I would start working out and then get sick of it because during that time I wasn't counting calories(didn't know the two worked together), but since I've been here, I started out EXTREMELY slow with trying to workout(like 5 minutes at a time) and worked my way up gradually. Now I love to exercise. When I say everything in moderation, I mean exercise too because you can burn yourself out quickly if you start out doing too much. Just go at a comfortable pace for now until you get used to logging and then whenever the mood hits you just move around some if it's nothing but waving you arms around in circles while sitting in a chair(I did that), but I didn't start counting exercise calories burned until I actually was able to do a full workout. The longer you stay here you will gain a lot of info on what you should or shouldn't do about certain things. The main thing is that this journey is 4 life and it's up to us to change what we don't like about it! I know you can do it because like I said before I've seen some progress pics on here that will absolutely boggle your mind...these folks are freaking SERIOUS and they are working it to the max....friend me if you like...as you can see I like to chat, but if I can encourage you in any way, I'm willing although I'm no fitness guru or anything like that...just a stay at home mom trying to get a decent body back so I'll be able to do the things I used to do without getting worn out so fast, but I really have become more fitness conscious these days. I'm not gonna sit here and say that everything goes perfectly because nothing and no one is but just stick to it and you will really surprise yourself as well as the ppl here...they are so supportive!:tongue: