1/8 tsp. seasoned salt
1 cube butter, cut in sm. pieces
1 lb. Jack cheese, cubed
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, cut up
Seasoned pepper
Parsley & green onions for garnish
13 x 9 inch glass baking dish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In large mixing bowl beat eggs and milk. Continue to beat in flour, baking powder, cottage cheese and salt until well blended.

2. Evenly dot or distribute butter, cheese and cream cheese over bottom of baking dish.

3. Pour eggs and milk mixture over butter and cheese. Sprinkle lightly with seasoned pepper.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until mixture is set and is somewhat brown on top. Serve warm and garnish if desired with chopped parsley and green onions. Serves 6-8.

Replies

• grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sounds great what is the calorie count??
  • TexasTomato
    Options
    Sounds delicious! What's the calorie count per serving?
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1RippedChic
    Options
    100cal/serving ladies! <3
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TexasTomato
    Options
    I made this for Easter breakfast and it was indeed delicious. I used low fat cottage cheese and low fat cream cheese, and regular Colby jack cheese.

However, I did add up and divide the total calories by eight, and it came out to 371 per serving. Sorry, y'all! I put it in the database as Homemade - Cheesy Egg Bake with that calorie count. It was very filling!
  • TexasTomato
    Options
    And I've just discovered that I made a miscalculation and it comes out to 346 per serving. I'll fix it in the database.:ohwell:
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hmmm...could be made even lower calorie by using egg substitute or even reducing the yolks.